Let my walls down

"So there's a race up in harlden's street, lake creek and garls gate" Leo speaks through the car's speaker.

Becky looks at me buzzed "Leo what has a race got to do with Katherine?"

I try to to cut him off the dashboard but Becky hits my hand.

"I said vase Rebecca" he shoots back.

She narrows her eyes at me before Leo cuts his call.

"Since when?"

"I.. I... Uhm... I..."

"How dare you go for ceramic shopping without me"

"I.. Yes.. Ceramics... It was a surprise for your birthday" I pretend to clear my throat. Being a terrible liar, I still fought the odds.

"We should go to lake creek, the showroom next to town hall is superb. Maybe we can meet some cuties" she says blotting her lipstick.

"I don't think..." I say as I turn to meet her puppy eyes.

"You know what. I want new deco"

The sun setting in the western horizon releases a blissful light that painted the area, almost making the scene seem like a painting. The stadium is now way behind us. I honestly have nothing but good memories from that place.

Turning streets we finally reach the museum where cars only seen in movies are parked.

"I don't think we're dressed for the occasion" I say as I see gowns and tuxedos fit in human figures.

I had on a sporty look with a baseball cap and dirty sneakers. Becky wore a black top with a matching pencil skirt, finishing with red bottoms. Turning to the backseat she grabs her trench coat.

"You can speak for yourself honey. I'm dressed to impress"

I roll my eyes, looking for a parking space. The building was old but gold. The stone walls were crafted skillfully as the texture screamed historical.

Trying to fix myself when we get a spot, I give up after my shoes only get worse. Becky walks to the entrance to buy tickets as I touch up on my makeup.

Locking the car I follow her, not minding the glances I was getting from the upper class civilians. We get in and I'm left mesmerized by the interior. 

The chandeliers glisten blissfully as they resemble crystals on a sunny morning. The paintings are spectacular and I can't help but fan over. She takes champagne glasses from a nearby waiter and I notice that almost all the eyes in the room are staring at me. Downing it I take three more as we admire the art pieces, I can't take their grimaces when I'm sober.

Walking to the second floor we see photography at its finest. Portraits, landscapes, still life, everything.

The tropical cocktails grab my attention and I drink more than what's required.

I offer Becky and after futile attempts she finally agrees. "It's rosé, your favorite" I wink at her before taking my final glass.

I drift off in a hazy state looking at the fine arts and the masters behind them. As the photos begin to blur, I turn to search for Becky.

She's now flirting heavy with some guys and I laugh at the monster I've created. Taking her by the hand we head to the third floor and find all types of beautiful and historic sculptures.

At first we were amazed but we ended up throwing olives inside people's champagnes when they weren't looking.

"Excuse me you two have to leave" a well groomed man stands in front of us with a tag of his name on his tuxedo.