Daggers

I stood there loosening the grip on my mother's throat. How could she kill my father? So passive, so cold. I thought she was the most selfless person I've ever known. But indeed I was wrong.
I stared at her as I released my hand, half regretting I did not take her life so easily as she did with my father.
Part of me was angry at her, telling me to finish her off. She was the reason for all this chaos and the stories she told me did not sound right. If I was to kill her, every single wrong that has ever happened will be gone. But the other reminded me that I was only angry at myself, for failing to save my dad.

"I understand you have a mixture of emotions. But I did what was best"

I looked at her, staring at the being that gave me life. A being that made the most stupid mistake in the entire history of mankind.

"Best? You have killed the only person that had the power to control the buried chaos"

"Are you insulting me?"

"For pits sake, MOM!!! Why can't you see it? Dad brought stability and maintained order. You've removed the fear that brought control. And like dust, chaos will rise"

She looked at me as if surprised by what I said. I stared at her hungrily, hoping that she grasped what she did. Maybe it was my new power, maybe it was my guilt, I needed a reason as to why I was very angry at my mother.

"It's been a long day- -"

"But mother you have to- -"

"Get some rest"

***

It has been approximately 46 hours since my mother disappeared and left me in the dungeon. I dreaded the memory. The very thought of knowing that I could have done something, brings me to angry tears.
It was my fault. If I never went in for the whisper none of this could have happened. Everyone I care about knows that I cheated on Sebastian, I'm currently on the 'we all hate you list'. I don't even have the guts to tell anyone a proper hello without tasting the guilt.

The whisper currently has a mind of its own for no one claimed it when it was released. My mother is unheard of and the underworld kingdom is a ruin. Hopefully it won't converge with the normal one.

I stood at the edge of the cave I made my home, regretting every single choice I made in my life. From being best friends with Rebecca to falling for Sebastian.
Everything seemed to be perfectly wrong and I was the current designer of my own catastrophe.

There was something that ignited in my mother's eyes when she killed him. Someone would confuse it with satisfaction. The way her mouth twitched right after I increased my grip, made me realize that it was the same on she had on her husband's funeral.

Something was not right.

****
Hey guys, so sorry for the delay. I've barely had any inspiration for this book and I didn't want to write boring chapters just for the sake of writing . But now I have big ideas for this book and I'm back on track.

P.s it's almost ending😭