The Imp of the Perverse.

"Ambrose

"Ambrose." Sabrina cried, running towards the stairs.

"Go away." He jogged down, holding a box full of his stuff.

"What? Ambrose, thank Hecate." Sabrina said, as she and Roz came up to him

Only for the man to spin away from them, crying out "Get away from me, woman."

"Woman?" She questioned, watching confused as he went towards the open boot, before stepping forward a few steps"Ambrose, I'm your cousin."

He turned, box in hand standing before the boot full of wooden boxs before she continued, pointing towards the house behind them.

"I have lived with you in that house, our house, for years."

"I haven't the slightest inking of who you are." He said "I do not have a cousin. I've never had a cousin."

Sabrina spluttered "What are you doing? Where are you going?"

"I am getting the bloody hell out of Dodge." He cried, placing the box down before pointing at the door, which had a black 'W' painted on it, in an old-fashioned hand "Can't you see that I've been marked?"

"Marked?" She asked, turning to look at the door "On the door?"

"I've been formally accused of witchcraft, which is patently false."

"But don't you remember who you are?" Sabrina questioned, desperately "Ambrose, you are a witch. You are a master of the mystic arts." She racked her brain before blerting out, what everyone knew "And you are in love with an Original."

"No, no, no, I am not." Ambrose said, glancing at the entrance to the Spellman land.

"Ambrose, listen to me. We are fighting the eldritch terrors. This is one, the Perverse, and we're trapped in it."

"No." He denied "Not me, because I am leaving."

Sabrina and Roz watched helplessly and thrown as he loaded the box in the boot, before turning to them.

"I do not know what lies beyond the town's borders. The outer world could be overrun with witches, by the plague, by dragons, and by war, as Blackwood says it is, or it could be nothing at all." He shrugged dramatically "But whatever it is, I am gonna see it for myself."

He closed the door, not taking his eyes off them before hurriedly going to the driver's seat. Roz and Sabrina observed distraught as Ambrose drove away.