~: The good bye :~

Flashback continues

Draupadi's POV

I wrote a letter and tied it to a pigeon's leg. I hope he replies soon. I need to know what he thinks about this. I just want to confirm. But there's still an uneasy feeling. It feels like something bad is going to happen. No no. I should stay positive.

In Indraprasth palace.

Yudhisthir was in the royal garden. Reading some scrolls when a pigeon suddenly came and sat on his shoulder. He noticed the letter tied to it's leg. He took the letter carefully and gave some grains to the pigeon.

Yudhisthir started reading the letter. He was happy at first. But the middle part confused him. He started thinking why would Draupadi ask him such a question.

Dear Arya Yudhishthir,

             Hope you are doing well. I am glad to inform you that I have successfully completed my penance and got the blessings of Lord Shiva. And I am planning to return soon after 1 or 2 weeks.
            Arya I have a doubt. What if a women is blessed with a divine child but her husband and family doesn't know about this? I mean to say that the women didn't tell her family before taking such step. Will her family accept that woman and the child? What would you do if you were one of her family members?
            And I am sorry for my sudden question. Actually i am just curious. You know na that I am born a maiden and didn't experience childhood. But technically I am not even 1 year old. I don't know the norms of the society so deeply. I am just trying to learn.
            Hope to get a reply from you soon.

Your wife,
Kalyani.

He started thinking about it. This was an easy question though. Soon he started writing down a reply and sent it back through the same pigeon.

In the forest

Draupadi was packing her things. And soon she will go back to the place where her maids and soldiers were living. She purposefully sent them away because she wants no-one to know about her child now. Soon the same pigeon came back and sat at the window of her hut. She untied the letter and started reading it.

Dear Kalyani,

             It's good to hear from you after so many days. I hope you are fine. Since your penance is over so I hope you will return soon.
             Kalyani I don't know why you asked such a question. But I am going to answer it for sure since you are curious.
            According dharm a woman should not take such decisions without the consent of her family or her husband. And this is a big decision and can be considered an adharm which she has committed. Her family can  reject it. As her husband was not present with her when she was blessed with the child it can be considered a legitimate child. But since the child is divine and we cannot reject God's blessing so this child cannot be considered as an illegitimate child too.
            Kalyani if I were in place of her husband than I would have suggested her to give up on the child because presence of the child may hamper the stately affairs too. And our kingdom is not even independent. So I would not dare to accept the child as it can cause us in loosing our rights too. But the matter of fact is that we don't have to worry because it's not your child. Your are not the woman.
            Ok kalyani. I hope your doubts are clear. Come back soon.

Your Arya,
Yudhisthir.

Terror, shock, sorrow, heartbreak, etc. These are the emotions which she felt now. She could not even think that her Arya would give such a reply. He even stated what he would do if he was in place of the woman's husband.How could he?