~: Dakshina :~

Karn found himself on the banks of Ganga. He was wearing a white shawl and a white dhoti and in his hand he had a kalash. Suddenly a bright light appeared in front of him which started taking a human form. By the brightness of the light he could guess that his father his aradhya is here. Suryadev appeared infront of his son. He immediately touched the feet of his birth father who blessed him wholeheartedly. Karn looked up at the face of father. He could guess the emotions of the sun god even when the lord is not in his human form. Then how could he not notice the tinge of sadness and restlessness that is settled down in the eyes of the deity from the very moment he appeared.

Karn: Pitashree what makes you so restless today? Why am I seeing sadness in the eyes of the god who enlightens the world with his light giving happiness to everyone? Please tell me.

Suryadev: Putra, the reason of this sadness is the sadness of a father. You know son it's very difficult to be a god. Being god you know what is going to happen in the future. The reason of my sorrow is the cruel fate of yours putra. Your pain gives me pain too for you are my ansh.

Karn: Pitashree I know it's hard to be aware of the future. But don't be sad because this son of yours is ready to embrace any difficulty that comes on my way. Your blessings will heal my wounds and pain which I will recieve in my future.

Suryadev: What if someone tries to take away my blessings from you by deceit putra, the blessing I gave you at the time of your birth?

Karn: It's not the only blessing of your pitashree, is it? And if anyone takes away my kavach and kundal then I shall let them take it because i can prove this world that even without kavach kundal I am a pretty good warrior, only if i survive without that.

Suryadev: Putra, sometimes I feel so proud that I am your father. Your daan dharm makes you unique.

Karn: Well I can't do anything about the genes father. You also selflessly give light to this world. And this makes me gain peace and happiness.

Suryadev: Ok putra. I shall leave now. Good luck for the war.

Suryadev vanished in the thin air.

Karn woke up from his sleep with a jolt. He was rethinking about the conversation he had with his father in his dreams. Why will anyone take his kavach kundal in the first place? He had no answer. He then went out to notice that it was still dawn but sunrise is near. It was time for his suryapuja. He entered the tent again to take the necessary things for his suryapuja and was going towards the banks of Ganga when he met Krishna on the way. Soon his lips curved into a beautiful smile.

Krishna: Suprabhat bare bhaiya.

Karn: Suprabhat keshav.

Krishna: Bare bhaiya is it necessary to go to suryapuja even at the time of war.

Karn: Keshav how can a person stay away from doing the only thing that gives him peace and courage? It's necessary.

Krishna had a sad smile in his face and his eyes were a little bit moist knowing what is going to happen today.

Karn: Keshav I shall be a little late. But promise me that you won't let Daksh come to the banks of Ganga today searching for me if I am late.

Krishna: I can't promise bare bhaiya. But I will try.

Karn: Ok then. See you later. Pranipat.

Karn went to the banks of Ganga and started praying to his aradhya. Soon the sun peeped above the horizon. Karn smiled seeing the sun. After a while he turned back.

Karn: Is anyone there who is in need of anything? Is anyone there to accept daan from me.

"I am in need of something. I hope you will fulfill my needs."