~: Reactions :~

The news of Karn's succesful Digvijaya Yatra spread like wild fire. ( In the language of Kaliyuga it can be said that the news of Karn's victory spead like COVID-19😂) The small kingdoms which were not conquered by Karna were under shear terror. And the major kingdoms which were not conquered by Karna or the kingdoms that didn't face him in battle couldn't believe that the son of the suta won the entire Aryavart on his own. Dwarka was happy after hearing about this because this would bring end to the mystery of the low caste people to some extent. The people who were disturbed the most were the kurus especially Shakuni and Dhritarashtra because karn was no longer with their son/nephew now. The support of Karna could bring them the support of entire Aryavart in the upcoming war. Yesterday only a soldier came and announced the victory of Karn in Raj Sabha. Bhishma was happy and proud of his grandson Karna but he masked his expressions efficiently. He noticed a spark of sudden happiness in the eyes of duryodhan which confused him a little bit. He also noticed the neutral expression of Kunti and frustration of Dhritarashtra and Shakuni. Gandhari was happy. Ashwatthama was also happy after hearing the news but Dronacharya couldn't stop himself from saying " How could that sutputra win the entire Aryavart?". Those who were happy masked their expressions well enough to not let anyone know about their emotional state of mind. But couldn't defy the warrior eyes of Gangaputra Devavrat.

It was night time. Silence prevailing all over the kuru palace. A man decked in silver ornaments and white silk clothes stood in the private garden of the palace. Moon light illuminated his fair skin giving him a white glow. He was sitting by the pond and was thinking about his grandson's victory. Few moments later he felt presence of another person there. He turned around to find duryodhan standing there. Lost. This is what duryodhan has become after he shooed Karn away from him years ago. He gestured Duryodhan to sit beside him. Duryodhan sat beside him without wasting any time.

Bhishma: Didn't sleep?

Duryodhana: Sleep fled away years ago.

Bhishma: I know you miss Karna.

Duryodhan: Oh come on. Who said so. I don't miss that sut.. sutputra anymore. Moreover he is not my friend. And I don't care anymore about him.

Bhishma: Don't lie. I have seen happiness I your eyes when you heard about his victory.

Duryodhan: If you know then why do you ask?

Bhishma: Why don't you bring him back? At least your condition will be better.

Duryodhan: Pitamah... You know in the upcoming war you me, acharya, my brother, everyone will die. I don't want my Mitra to sacrifice in this war. He has nothing to do with it. He was not even present in the dyut sabha. And he is a good man. He deserves life. And that was to only way to make him away from me. To insult him on the basis of his caste which I did efficiently.

Bhishma: Don't you think that if Karna was here now then you could have the support of entire Aryavart in the upcoming war. And who knows maybe you could win the war too?

Duryodhan: Yes. I know that. Still I have the support of the many kingdoms. But we can never win against Dharma. At least I know this much. This war will be the last war of my life. And moreover it's been so many years since Kauravas and Pandavas are enemies. And this war can only put an end to this. Our end is near Pitamah. I know I did only adharma in this life. But this is at least one act of Dharma I could do in this life time, that is making Karna free from the shackles of our friendship which was more like a burden on him.

Bhishma: So you think that you should sacrifice our lives in war but not that of your friend?

Duryodhan: Oh come on. You have lived enough. I think you should leave this planet soon. Only then you can get rid of your single life. And moreover I know you are fond of Karna too but you don't show it.