~: Awake :~

Karn's POV

I feel so light and peaceful. Am I dead? I opened my eyes to see I am in a place which seems so pure like my favourite place that is the banks of Ganga. But there are no roads over here. It seems like I am in the middle of a vast meadow. I was in awe seeing the beauty of the nature. Suddenly I felt several voices. As if they are calling me, telling me to wake up. But I am up already. Soon those voices stopped. But how did I land up here? The last thing I heard was Daksh calling me Pitashree. And then everything went blank. Wait, Daksh, Bhairavi, oh god how can I forget? My son was calling me. Where is he now? Am I even at kurukshetra? How will I get out of this place. Suddenly I felt a hand on his shoulders. I turned around and was astonished to find the people standing there.

Karn: Pitashree, Bhrata Yam, you both here?

Suryadev: Yes we are here. Any doubts?

Karn: No. I don't have any doubts. But I want to know, Am I dead?

Suryadev: No you are not dead putra, you just need to wake up.

Karna: But I am already up.

Yamdev: No. In reality you are unconscious. See how Daksh is crying. He has not spoken anything since then. You need to wake up and console your crying baby.

Karn: I know. But I am stuck here. I am not able to find any path to return. Where am I actually?

Yam dev: Well this is your subconscious.

Suryadev: See putra. Your gurudev and gurumata are trying to heal you. Now you should return back to your family and fulfill all your duties.

Karn: I want to go pitashree. But how?

Suryadev: That you will know after a while.

There was silence for a moment. Karn's face held a reluctant look.

Suryadev: What happened putra? You look sad. Don't you wanna go back?

Karn: I want to. But pitashree, how am I going to fight in the war? If I support Pandavas then also I have to fight against Kauravas. They are also my brothers. And if I had to support Duryodhan then also I would have to face my own brothers. I can't pitashree. Please take me with you. Please. I feel that I am betraying both sides by doing this. Please pitashree.

I couldn't help but feel the weakness in my legs. I sat down on the ground with a thud. I let tears escape from my eyes.

Suryadev: I know karn. This is tough. But you have to do this putra. Without fulfilling your duties you can't leave this mortal world.

Karn: Yes pitashree. I don't care who wins this battle. Those who are going to die, in one or other way, are my brothers. And you know right I  have spent so much time with Kauravas. And they are so close to me. How will I see them die in front of me. And the one who is going to kill them is my own brother Bheem. I can't see this. At this moment I feel so weak.

Yamdev: Karn, I know you are very strong, emotionally. I know you will be able to handle this. And this war is important Anuj. If Kauravas die then they will get salvation. Do you want their enemity to remain till eternity? No right? Then? Control yourself. It will be difficult for everyone.

Karn: Can't they reunite?

Yamdev: It's tok late for that Anuj.

Suryadev: This is Destiny putra, cruel but your ultimate truth. You have to abide by this. Even tridevs are bound by niyati.

Yamdev: Anuj you should go. You have to show some people what you are capable of. You can't die suddenly leaving Daksh and Bhairavi like this. It's not time for you to leave them now. Go back Radheya.