Fred weasley

The new minister for magic gives a speech at the start of year following the battle and an old friend is there

Y/n sat at a spot on the teachers table. if you would've told her she would be sitting at the head teachers table at hogwarts, 3 years after she graduated as the next minister of magic. She would of told you your insane.

But that's the exact situation she was in right now. Kingsley had sustained quite significant injuries in the war and needed someone young and brilliant as a apprentice to help with duties and the 20 year old slytherin was a perfect fit.

In her years at hogwarts she was top of the year, prefect, then head girl, star in frog choir and quidditch captain being incredible at each job.

She was the one that came up with the idea of the square. Instead of each house being divided and have there own table she decided to put them all in a square, as a way to show unity and respect for each house so each house was on the same level.

When everyone noticed she noticed certain students being excluded and thrown dirty looks. She recognised one of them, her figurative little brother.

Mcgonagall, the new head mistress saw her face and gave her a nod so she could go.
Y/n left her seat and walked over to the group who seemed very close together and tapped the slytherin on the shoulder.

" y/n" he spat out seeing the witch behind him.
" suprise, hey you guys" the whole group Engulfed her in a hug.

After they left she looked at something that caught her eye. Around the hall was a picture of each student that died, as well as a little explanation about them.

She walked over to the one that caught her eye. Fred Weasley. Y/n was there when the wall blast. She was the one who held the dying twin in her arms, until the siblings got there.

She was the one to comfort the distraught twin after seeing his brother. He was the one she wasn't able to save.

" oh come on y/n, you saved everyone else I'd give you a b plus." She spun around and saw the same boy that was in the painting but was a bit more pale and silver.

" before your eyes pop out of your head, nick lost his head in the battle so he's off with the headless hunt and someone had to take the job, beside I need to look over you and my sister. And the nices and nephews I'm sure will role around" he explained and she saw a second red head sprinting over.

" y/n!" She grinned at the youngest Weasley. " hey you" she dropped her arm around ginnys shoulder.

" I see you two are looking after eachother I need to prank someone, I haven't done it in an hour. I'll be watching your speech y/n" he then floated off.

" that's right your speech, are you nervous, excited. The tables  are brilliant you always said you wanted to do this!" Ginny was speaking a zillion miles an hour dragging the girl behind her over to the group of her friends were they were all gathered.

She greeted everyone and talked to few of them and she was very happy to see Draco among them.

Soon Mcgonagall was calling everyone to there seats and y/n had to go stand against the wall, while kids were sorted, and a few start of term notices.

" now, I want to applaud all of you for coming back, after what happened and what we all witnessed a few months ago. To talk more about that, y/n l/n the ministers apprentice."

Applauds filled the hall as she walked to the podium, she tried to keep a straight face but the red heads pulling faces at her weren't helping.

" welcome to the new age of hogwarts. As Mcgonagall said, it takes strength to come back here after what we went through, and I'm so glad to see those of you have returned back stronger then ever. Now because of that o have decided to stay at hogwarts for the year, as a advisor and also someone to talk to about Terrors of what you've seen. Now along with that there are a few changes this year, the main one that you see now is the hall, first the table"

I walked to the stage into the middle space in the middle of all the tables.

" there are no more house tables, instead one table, as a chance for students to socialise with other houses and to build connections outside of your house, now to satisfy competitive edge there are still the quidditch cup and house points, and a chance to build connections with your house in common rooms. and yes the quidditch pitch has been re-built back to its full stage. Now the other change, the photos around the hall, these are simply to honour the students and professors of hogwarts that sacrificed there lives for us, and there is one you can talk to in person"

Fred did a dramatic bow.

" there is also a place for other commemorative gestures for others are not shown in the hall near the green houses. As I said before we want to strengthen everyone's bond with everyone's and in an editor we have made one huge inter house common room, for indoor socialising purposes. I want all of you to be assured, hogwarts is a safe place for all of you now. It has rebuilt almost fully, though there are a few places that still need work wich you are able to volunteer to help with. Hogwarts is rebuilding and a huge part of that is now complete, having its students return. Though despite all this hogwarts and the people in will never be the same, for better or for worse though the future is on our hands now, and what matters is what we do with the experiences"

Everyone applauded and I went back to my spot on the wall. Fred winked at me and I smiled.