vii. Thoughts

생각

생각

THOUGHTS WERE RAGING in Mina's mind while walking down the school hallway the next day, her eyebags very present due to her lack of sleep. Not only were her thoughts raging in her mind, she was hearing several students' thoughts raging in her mind as a result of the full development of her newfound superpowers; superpowers that she didn't even sign up to get, and superpowers that were snuck into her bag only to explode in her face.

      I totally failed that test...

Should I ask her out?

              When does school end?

Mina just wished everyone would stop thinking at that moment, so she could have some time on her own for her own thoughts.

With a sigh, she made her way to her locker to pick up her first book for literature, her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to drown out the sounds of the thoughts of those around her. She needed to learn how to control them, and fast before she would go crazy.

The sound of a few footsteps drew her attention as she glanced away from her locker, seeing an unimpressed Heejin and Hanbyeol stomping down the hallway on their fancy heels.

Heejin turned her head to Mina, seeing her disturbed face and giving her one in return.

"Since when were you allowed to look at me?" she scoffed, stopping and crossing her arms. Hanbyeol stopped beside her as well, copying her movements quickly.

I need to do my eyebrows like hers.

Mina suddenly heard her voice in her mind, making her eyes go wide from the discovery.

"What are you wide-eyeing me for?" she squinted at her, leaning on her leg to stand in a rather sassy position.

A light smile fell on Mina's lips---almost a smirk.

"I use Anastasia brow gel for my eyebrows," she smiled sweetly. "Then I fill it in. I usually do it the other way around."

She watched as the color in Heejin's face drained, her eyes widening as she gawked at the girl in horror. She shrieked dramatically before walking away, the clicking sound of her heels echoing in Mina's ears followed by Hanbyeol's steps.

Mina chuckled to herself in satisfaction, closing her locker after grabbing her book.

That was kind of fun.

"Minnie!" a voice took her out of her thoughts as she turned to see Bitna walking toward her, her backpack hanging from her shoulder. "How was yesterday? Sorry I left you alone."