x. Partner

파트너

파트너

THE TWO SUPERHEROES landed in Marina Justice Park, the largest park in the center of the whole city. Mountains of tall buildings surrounded the park, cars driving by calmly. They stood in front of the fountain, catching their breaths after flying from the stadium. The sun was quickly setting, the park almost empty excluding a few people walking by, seemingly not noticing them.

"That was awesome!" Jungkook exclaimed, fixing his jacket on his shoulders. "We make a good team. What's your name?"

Mina paused. She recalled Master telling her that she shouldn't tell anyone about her powers. Keeping her identity a secret was probably very important. "I shouldn't tell you. Our identities must remain a secret."

"Even if we're partners?" Jungkook asked, leaning on the edge of the fountain.

"Yes. Shadow knows we exist now, and if he figures out our identities, the people we are close to will be in danger," she explained.

Even if a small part of Mina's conscious secretly desired to know who was under the mask of her new partner, she couldn't fathom her family or her friends being in danger.

"Excuse me!"

A voice interrupted them as they turned toward the source, seeing a woman carrying a microphone, along with a cameraman behind her. Jungkook immediately recognized her to be the famous news reporter from the morning news broadcast, MLN.

"Excuse me! Can we have a minute of your time?" the woman asked, except she was already beside the two with the cameraman recording, the microphone already shoved in Mina's face.

"U-Uh, sure," Mina responded hesitantly, Jungkook standing beside her.

"I am Min Yui from Marina Life Network, reporting to you about the recent incident concerning the large man who attacked several metropolitan neighborhoods in Marina City," the woman suddenly spoke into her microphone, facing the camera. "I am here with the two 'superheroes', called so by the people who witnessed them in action. Could you tell us your names?"

Mina watched as the microphone was shoved in her face, and she stuttered in response. "I-I'm Raven."

The microphone was pointed to Jungkook next, who carried an innocent and excited smile on his face.

"I'm Firedrake!" he introduced himself. "We're Marina City's new superheroes!"

"The witnesses claimed that you had superpowers? If so, what are they and can you tell us your true identities?" Min Yui asked into the microphone before targeting Mina.

"What's best for us and this city is for us to keep our identities a secret. The further we are away from any public spotlight is a safer guarantee that Shadow won't figure out our identities and wreak more havoc onto the city."

"Shadow? Is that the person who is behind the attack?" she asked.

"Y-Yes. But people of Marina City..." Mina started as she looked into the camera for the first time. "There is no need to panic or worry. We are here now and we will protect you no matter what it takes. We will find Shadow and we will put his attempted reign to an end."