xlv. Fear

두려음

두려음

FLASHING LIGHTS WAS what Mina was met with upon arriving at school the next day. What would have been a normal Wednesday morning turned into almost a red carpet event in front of the school, but with a higher number of reporters and less of a reason to celebrate.

Mina grabbed the string of her backpack as she tried to walk through the crowd, the obnoxious camera lights flashing in her eyes as a crowd of voices echoed in her ears. She was met with this as soon as she got out of her car, and she wasn't even close to the entrance yet. There were students scattered around, watching from afar.

"Lee Mina, do you have anything to say about your secret identity not being such a secret anymore?"

"Where is your partner? Doesn't he go to this school with you?"

"Are you going to continue to be Raven, Lee Mina?"

"What did your father, Lee Sungyun, have to say about this? Did he know?"

Mina unintentionally clenched her jaw at the mention of her father, continuing to walk through the crowd until she finally reached the entrance, where the reporters wouldn't be able to follow her.

However, as soon as she walked through the doors and heard the crowd's frantic voices finally muffled, she was met with another group of people; her classmates.

They were scattered around, staring at her and mumbling to their friends, not so discreetly as Mina could hear every word. She walked through the hallways, hoping to just get to her locker and get her book for first period.

"It's Raven."

"She doesn't seem like she would be a superhero."

"Are she and Jungkook dating?"

"Minnie!" A familiar voice stood out among the rest, and she looked up to see her best friend jogging in the hallway to her, her backpack bouncing on her shoulder. Her classmates watched as she passed by them, their eyes then naturally traveling to Mina.

"Bitna," Mina muttered softly as Bitna engulfed her in a tight hug, to which Mina sighed into.

Bitna pulled away, leaning in so that she could whisper to her, as there were several students around.

"We can't go to your locker, there's a swarm of people there waiting to talk to you," she explained. "I grabbed Taehyung's literature book, so you can use that for first period."

Bitna pulled out the literature book, and Mina audibly breathed out, the lump in her throat growing. "Thank you," she said with a shaky voice. The eyes glaring into her were too heavy, and Mina could feel her breath hitching, her heart pounding loudly in her ears. Bitna noticed this, and she hastily intertwined their arms before walking down the hallway to somewhere else so that Mina wouldn't have a panic attack in front of other people.