l. Everything

모두

모두

MINA HELD ONTO Jungkook's arm as she helped him through the front door to his house, preferably the arm that was not bleeding. The warmth of the house immediately hit them along with the waft of a fresh meal. The two could hear the boiling of water in the kitchen adjacent to the front door.

The keen ears of Jungkook's mother perked at the sound of the door latching closed, and she hastily made her way to the front of the house. "Jungkook? Where have you been—?" she interrupted herself as she was met with the sight of Mina beside her son, along with said son with several scratches on his face along with a deep red patch of blood on the sleeve of his shirt. "W-What happened?"

"Mom, I'm sorry, Mina has to stay here for a while," Jungkook told her, coughing a bit as he held his side. Mina stayed beside him, her head hung a bit low from both shock and guilt. She was the reason Jungkook's mother had to see her son in such a poor state. But she couldn't leave him, and quite frankly, she needed to stay beside him for herself. She was desperately clinging to the only source of protection she could receive after the events of that late afternoon.

"O-Of course," his mother ceased to press forward with the issue, stepping out of the way. Mina sent her an apologetic smile as she helped him through the house, barely able to take in her surroundings before they were entering Jungkook's bedroom. Jungkook widened his eyes at the state of his messy room, gently pulling his arm off of her to clean a few things up, ignoring the pain in his arm.

Mina swallowed as she stood by the door, fidgeting with her fingers as she bit her lip. "J-Jungkook, you're bleeding."

Jungkook paused, glancing at his arm and shrugging, continuing to kick several things under his bed with the inside of his foot. "It's fine."

"Do you have a first aid kit?" Mina stepped forward slightly, feeling a bit awkward to be standing in Jungkook's bedroom. This was a part of him that she'd never seen before, and she was cursing the untimely situation in which she was seeing this side of him.

"Mina, it's okay-"

"Please," her desperate voice cut him off, catching Jungkook's attention as he looked up at her with soft eyes. He could see the guilt in her eyes, much too similar to the look he'd occasionally notice in his own eyes when he would look in the mirror.

With a sigh, Jungkook turned around, rummaging through his desk's top junk drawer and taking out a small box, one that he used too often. Mina walked toward him, an uneasy expression on her face as Jungkook slowly sat onto his bed, the mattress and his red blanket sinking from his weight. She took the box in her hands, setting it beside him as she stood in front of him, pouring some alcohol onto a cotton ball she had taken out.

Jungkook took notice of her shaky hands, tugging his heartstrings as the events from only an hour before replayed in his mind. The way she looked at him would haunt him forever, as if he were nothing.