xxxv. Always

언제까지나

언제까지나

THE CAFETERIA STAYED absolutely pitch black while the people in the room exclaimed in concern. They looked as if they were lost puppies, shoved into a dark box. Mina couldn't even see anything as she searched for any signs of a villain.

"Get behind me," Jungkook's voice resonated in Mina's ears as he blindly reached his hand out, taking a few attempts to finally find her. He got a hold of her wrist, pulling Mina closer to where he was, the pitch darkness making her stumble against Jungkook's body. He held her still, his mind racing as he tried to detect a villain. The murmurs of those around him were too loud, overtaking his senses.

It became worse when the lights switched back on, falling into an immense flickering pattern. He was actively scanning the room for a villain, failing to do so due to how quickly the lights were flickering, hindering his vision.

Suddenly, a large lightning rod spread in the air just below the ceiling, causing the people in the room to scream and ultimately run away in horror.

Because of how dark it was, Mina was being shoved from behind amid the chaos and the stampede, and eventually, she was torn from Jungkook's grip. She was being juggled further and further away, her feet being moved by those around her.

"Mina!" he called out, looking out for where she went, but she was nowhere to be seen in the fleeting crowd. He was beginning to be shoved as well, and he knew he had to get out of here to transform. He still had no idea where the villain was in the room.

Mina grunted as she was pushed across the room, by some of her classmates and their parents. She wished they could stay calm, but she couldn't really blame them considering there definitely was a villain in the room who was flickering the lights rapidly as if he were a ghost.

A grab onto Mina's hand startled her, and she felt herself be harshly tugged away from the crowd, stumbling to the empty corner.

"Minnie!" Bitna shouted, and as the lights continued to flicker, Mina could make out her best friend's face. "It's my dad! I told him that Taehyung's my boyfriend and he freaked the hell out!"

"What?" Mina widened her eyes and shouted over the stampede's noise.

"It's my dad! What the hell is wrong with my parents? Shit!" Bitna frustratedly cursed, and Mina nodded in understanding.

"I have to get out of here!" Mina stated before grabbing onto Bitna's hand, reentering the stampede until they were finally out of the door, where the people were dispersing across the hallways.

"The bathroom!" Bitna pointed at the girl's bathroom and tugged at Mina's hand.

Mina spotted the bathroom, nodding to Bitna afterward. "Get away from here," she said before Bitna quickly nodded and scattered away with the others. Mina stepped into the bathroom in a hurry, checking all of the stalls and making sure they were empty before she pressed her bracelet, and her suit started to form. The lights were still flickering, the sounds of the electricity humming loudly.