xxxiii. Paint

페인트

페인트

A WEEK HAD passed since then, the breeze of early winter forcing the students to begin wearing their coats, even inside the school. Mina was regretting choosing to shove her coat into her locker before homeroom, forgetting that her teacher loved to crack open the windows for some ridiculous reason. She was wearing a short-sleeved blouse, exposing her arms to the cold and creating goosebumps on her skin.

And for that reason, she was walking in the empty hallways toward her locker, having to travel half the school just to get there. She was taking her lovely time, swinging her brace-less arm around freely. That brace was such a pain, and consequently very itchy, so she was so excited when it was being taken off.

She would occasionally take peeks into the classrooms she walked by, seeing her classmates studying diligently, or sleeping on their desks. She would smile at the sight, slightly grateful for each student she saw considering this was something she never thought she could ever see.

However, as she walked further, one student in one room caught her eye, especially because he was Jungkook, and he was alone.

She widened her eyes at the sight as she felt her feet pause, and she looked at the sign beside the doorway, seeing that this was the art room. She glanced inside again, seeing several canvases laying around on easels, and Jungkook sitting in the center of the room.

He was sitting in front of an easel, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he held a paintbrush to the painting he was working on; she couldn't see. She could only see the sunshine on Jungkook's focused face, his lips pursed. He looked so soulful, in his element and she couldn't help but continue staring.

That was until Jungkook's eyes darted to the figure at the door, catching his attention. "Mina? Hey," he smiled at her, and she nearly jumped from his voice, steadying her hand on the doorframe awkwardly. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I-Uh, I just got here," Mina chuckled awkwardly, tapping her foot on the floor. "Are you, uh, are you painting?"

Are you painting? Are you painting?! Of course he's painting, you idiot! He's in the art room with a goddamn brush in his hand!

"Yeah! Want to come see?" Jungkook offered, pushing himself back in his rolling chair, opening his arms, and gesturing at his painting.

"Okay," Mina bit her lip before stepping further into the room, walking to where Jungkook sat. She finally stood in front of the easel, seeing a beautiful sunset, a purple ocean and matching clouds above the perfect sun in the middle. She gasped at the sight, widening her eyes at the boy who looked indifferent at his absolutely amazing painting.

"What the hell? Jungkook, that's crazy!" she exclaimed, her eyes glued to the painting as she carefully sat onto another rolling chair. "Since when did you paint?"