xxiv. Truth or Dare

진실게임

진실게임

A WEEK HAD passed since Homecoming. Mina was consistently on edge when she was around Jungkook, thanks to that faithful night that sent her right back to square one in her journey to try and get over him. She was so madly in love with him that she almost hated it.

The two had been the talk of the school ever since that night. Apparently there had been speculations of the two dating, something Mina had learned when she found out that people who win Homecoming King and Queen are usually a pair of people who are dating. Because of this, her classmates wondered if they were a couple, and this would make Mina go red in the face at just the thought of dating Jungkook.

I wish.

It was after school on a Friday, and a whole ton of students in Mina's grade were standing outside of the school, collectively holding their own pieces of luggage and duffel bags that they needed for the trip they were about to head off to for the entire weekend.

Mina learned that what often came after the Homecoming dance was a trip for each grade of the school, heading to separate places according by grade. Mina's grade was heading off to a remote location along the coast, where a tall hotel stood, along with a few sightseeing places around where they were scheduled to go to.

Mina's father allowed her to go, only because she had told him that it was merely a study trip, filled with museums and study halls. That of course was a lie, which she was feeling sort of bad about but remembered that she deserved to be a normal teenager. Everyone else was going, so it wouldn't be fair that she would have to stay back in the city. 

Although, at first, she was a bit hesitant to go, considering Shadow could potentially create a villain in her absence, and she would have no way of knowing. However, after speaking with Chan, he encouraged her to attend this trip and told her that in the case of a villain, he would send her a call and she would fly back. It could take time, but Mina knew that Firedrake could handle a villain alone for a bit if he had to. Additionally, in the past week, Shadow had barely created any villains, so the odds of him possibly creating one during the weekend seemed to be slim.

Mina sat beside Bitna on the huge bus they were using to transport a few homerooms to the destination, and she grew more and more excited. Bitna had brought an ample amount of games they could play on the bus to pass the two hours it would take to get there, and she was thankful that she could spend some time with her best friend. 

However, during the ride, Mina would sometimes catch herself glancing toward the back of the bus, seeing Jungkook, sitting with his friends who were messing around playfully. He was comfortably reclined in the aisle seat, his earphones plugged in as his eyes were closed. Even if Jimin beside him would crawl over him sometimes to talk to Taehyung across the aisle, Jungkook was sleeping peacefully, finally being able to get a good rest after practicing soccer so much in the past week, along with occasionally training with Master Chan in his limited free time.