xv. Time

시간

시간

JUNGKOOK HELPED MINA onto a bed in the nurse's office, the paper sinking underneath her weight. It seemed like deja vu for Mina to be back in that room, as only days before, she was there after Mrs. Sato became a villain.

The nurse was once again busy with other students, making Jungkook declare that he was going to help instead. It made Mina wonder whether or not the students would make a better nurse than she was. Hell, if it could be Jungkook who was going to magically cure her every time she got hurt, she would happily accept and make sure she got injured all the time, even if she could heal quickly---which Jungkook didn't need to know.

Mina sat on the bed, her left leg raised on the bed as her right leg touched the floor. Jungkook was sat on the rolling chair, preparing the supplies he needed.

"How do you know how to do all of this?" Mina asked shyly.

"I get injured all the time," Jungkook stated, almost too comfortably for it to be normal. "B-Because of soccer."

Surely he couldn't tell her that he got injured all the time by being repeatedly thrown everywhere by villains and getting a good smack in the face once in a while. He definitely couldn't tell her about the time Raven literally elbowed him in the face on accident. She surely wouldn't understand that.

Jungkook pressed the alcohol-drenched cotton pad onto her cut, making her hiss from the sting. "M'sorry," he mumbled before sighing out of frustration. "I know Heejin kicked you on purpose. Why didn't you say so?"

"Because..." Mina bit her lip. "It's not worth it. The more time and attention I give her, the more she thinks she's above me. I can't give her the satisfaction of knowing that I get hurt by her."

"But you got hurt by her. Literally," Jungkook cocked an eyebrow at her, pointing at the cut.

"I guess. She seriously has a mean kick. Maybe I should tell her to try out for soccer," she remarked, causing a loud laugh to fall from Jungkook's lips. A sense of pride swelled in her heart at the thought of being the cause of Jungkook's smile.

"Yeah, no, thanks," Jungkook snickered, disposing of the cotton pad to pull out another one.

"I just don't really understand why she hates me so much," Mina said. "All I did was accidentally run into her on the first day of school."

"Isn't it obvious? She's jealous," he told her, pressing the other cotton pad onto her cut. "Her dad's a famous CEO too but is less famous than your dad. She's pretty but is less prettier than you. She's smart but is less smarter than you. Make sense?" Jungkook explained, and Mina only nodded before she suddenly realized what he had just said.

D-Did he just call me pretty?

She could be told she was in a dream and she would completely believe it.

"But those things aren't important at all. I don't care if I'm smarter than her, or if my dad is more famous. I just wish she could look past those things," Mina sighed. "Instead she has to send me to the nurse's office."

"That reminds me, are you still okay? From the other day?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows slightly. The truth was, it was sort of his fault that she got hurt, and he had been feeling guilty ever since. He would never forgive himself if his friends, especially one as good as Mina, got injured because of him.

"From the Mrs. Sato situation? Yeah, I'm okay," Mina nodded, happy to hear that Jungkook was curious about her well-being.

"That boy, Yunho, who you walked out of here with. He really isn't your boyfriend?" he asked, almost in a teasing manner.

"N-No! I just met him! We sometimes talk in the hallways and during class if I have time, so we're friends, but nothing more."

We're nothing more because I'm stupidly in love with you, idiot.

"Alright, alright," Jungkook chuckled. "Jimin hasn't stopped talking about him. He's kind of obsessed with you."

"I know, he reminds me every day," Mina scoffed, pulling another laugh out of Jungkook's lips.

"Okay," Jungkook pressed his lips flat together after a few seconds as he put some ointment on her cut and grabbed a larger cotton pad, pressing it against her cut before wrapping some gauze around her leg. The way he was handling her was so gentle, as if she were a rare piece of a collection in a museum, fragile and about to break at any second. It made her heart jump in excitement as Jungkook pulled away, looking into her eyes. "Everything okay?"

Mina snapped out of her trance. "Y-Yeah, everything's fine. Thank you, Jungkook."

"No problem. We should probably head back. Sucks that you won't be doing anything physical though. You were a good partner during our three-legged race. Honestly thought we had a chance of winning," Jungkook pointed out, running a hand through his long hair.

"Me too," she replied with a warm smile.

The two went back to the field, where Mina sat on the sidelines to watch her friends play various games, feeling happy instead of disappointed. Even though she was missing out, the cherished time she spent with Jungkook was worth it.