5. Apology

What was I thinking? Agreeing to meet with him and in the morning

I pulled into one of the empty parking spaces for students only and shut my car off.

"Another day of seeing his stupid face." Demi glares down at her hands that were balled together in a fist.

I looked over at her in the passenger seat. "How about you show him that you don't care."

She huffs. "Like that will work. God, I should have never slept with him in the first place. I hit a new low."

I stared at my friend with a thoughtful look. What else could I say to keep her from thinking about Ronan? I'm not sure. I'm starting to notice this little obsession she has with wanting revenge against him for what happened between them. She wants to make him pay.

Looking over at the time, I see I have a good twenty minutes before the first period and I had to go meet up with Mercer.

Mercer Petrov is about to apologize to me.

I guess Jules had some sort of power over her brother to get him to do this.

"Try to not focus on him and focus on your studies."

I opened my door and she followed suit while we got our bags. Demi sighs, shaking her head to clear it.

"You're right. I feel like an idiot for letting him get inside my head."

My phone buzzes and I had a feeling as to who it was. Locking my car doors, we headed down the path towards the entrance. My gaze shifts towards the football field that was across the street. Demi was still expressing and I could only pray that she doesn't let this eat at her.

"I have to do something before the first period. Will you be alright?" I tell her, clutching the straps of my bag.

She looks at me with a frown, confused. "What do you have to do?"

"Making some modifications for a future project."

Hopefully.

The questionable look on her face doesn't waver but she doesn't question it.