18. Halloween

"You can't wear that

"You can't wear that." Demi groans in disgust at the simple costume.

There was nothing wrong with being a bumblebee.

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's not appealing."

"You mean it's not sexy?" The sarcasm in my voice is evident while I pull off the headband, throwing the entire costume on top of the rest of them on my bed.

This was my fourth choice of a costume.

Tonight was the night of the Halloween party for the seniors. Of course, other people were allowed to come but it was mainly for the seniors.

Jules picked hers and she decided that she was going to go as a snow bunny. That was until she called me and said she wasn't going to be able to go due to personal issues and I didn't push her.

My phone dinged, alerting me of a message.

Pulling it out quickly, I see that I've gotten two messages. One from Jules and one from Carson.

Jules: Please be safe.

I smiled and sent her a heart emoji.

Jules was like the little sister I've never had. Always put others before herself and made her concerns known. That's one of the things I liked about her personality. Jules was a loyal girl and she wasn't one to mess with. Especially when upset or angry.

My fingers swiped at the screen and I went to Carson's message. He sent me a picture of his costume and I couldn't help but laugh at how adorable he looked like a big blue hedgehog. Was he supposed to be Sonic? He must really love Nintendo.

Carson: Can't wait to see you tonight.

I smiled, shaking my head before placing my phone down on the nightstand. I stopped in my footing when I became aware of Demi's stare.

"What?"

"Who are you texting?" She questions with a raised brow.

"Carson."