46. One Ear, Out The Other

"What in the hell were you thinking?" My father growls, wasting no time to get something across

Truthfully, his words are going in one ear and out the other. I didn't care too much about what my father had to say.

So, here I was sitting on the couch with my siblings and mother watching as things transpire. Honestly, I didn't mind. The man was wasting his breath because I made sure to express that I really didn't give a fuck about what he was saying nor what he thought about me or my actions.

"Are you even listening?" He growls, his facial features fixing to what he feels.

"Truthfully, I'm not." I shrugged.

I watched silently as my father rolled his shoulders. His jaw ticked and it looked as if he was trying his best not to explode. Again, I didn't care too much about his opinions of me.

"Dad," Jules speaks out. "I think-"

"Be quiet, Jules." His angry eyes fixed on hers. A warning passes through them and it pisses me off in an instant.

"No need to take your anger out on her." I say, crossing my arms.

"Jules. Adrian. Go upstairs while your mother and I talk to Mercer."

Adrian stood to his feet, walking out while Jules lingered. Looking between the three of us, the hesitancy in her eyes was clear.

"Right now." Our father stares at Jules with a vexing look. It wasn't until our mother walked up to her and grabbed her arm, walking her out of the living room.

Ignoring the glare my father was giving me, I shift on the couch and got more comfortable. My father was known to give his sappy speeches. Speeches that are always aren't taken to heart. I never gave a damn what my father thought of me nor did I care.

I always made it clear with the way I approach things.

Besides, my parents are the reason I act this way and they have no one to blame but themselves.

"I'm getting sick of this attitude of yours." My father says, sitting down on the sofa across from me. "You need to grow up, Mercer, and leave things in the past."