42. Learn Me

I was nervous

I was nervous.

The guy I really liked was currently in my bedroom, looking around my room, and taking an interest in my trophy collection near the window of my room. All from my winning soccer games. His fingers brush against the marble and glass-based gold trophies.

My hands shake as I think about what I just asked him before. What was I thinking?

"Are you thirsty?"

Seriously, Gen? Does he look thirsty?

"No." He murmurs, picking up a trophy that had a soccer cleat and soccer ball molded in one, resting on a marble base with my name on it.

Number one, Genevieve Santos.

"Hungry?" I played with my fingers, watching him closely.

"No." He sighs, placing the trophy back down before turning to face me.

Blue orbs met mine and there was a battle inside them. Something was wrong when he came by this late and he has yet to tell me. I wanted to know what was wrong. I cleared my throat and shift on my bed, crossing y legs.

"Did something happen?"

A much darker look crosses his features. He doesn't respond immediately. Instead, he walks over to the chair I had at my small desk in the corner and sat down. Running frustrating fingers through his hair, he exhales a long breath.

Did this have something to do with his mother?

I briefly remember Jules and what she's told me but I don't say anything about the subject until he tells me himself. Well, if that ever happens. Mercer Petrov was guarded. The reason, I did not know.

"I have a pretty fucked up family." He murmurs in his hand.

I watched as he rolls his shoulders, the discomfort apparent. I learned a while ago that Mercer's family wasn't as perfect as the luxurious house they lived in. Just witnessing him now, told me that he was going through it. Bad.