15. Jealousy Fits You

A frown instantly forms on my lips as soon as I pull up to Mercer's house

A frown instantly forms on my lips as soon as I pull up to Mercer's house. Not only did I see his white dodge charger GT but three other ones, a Mercedes Benz, Jeep Wrangler, and Ford Bronco, in the lot. The expensive paint on them glittered brightly under the sun.

Deciding to pull my small two-thousand and twelve honda civic on the curbside, out of the way before cutting off my car.

Sometimes I wondered how people my age would get expensive cars without a job or working to get the money to afford a car but I sometimes forget that parents loved to gift their kids with expensive things. Top families that can afford it and I forget that most kids from my school come from money.

Not that I was judging people with money. Heck, I would take advantage too if I came from a family that made so much money. But I don't miss my blessings. I'm happy where I am.

After grabbing my bookbag, I grabbed my keys and locked the door. A light breeze brushes past me causing a small shiver and goosebumps up my neck. My red locks were up in a high ponytail on top of my head. The chestnut-colored ugg boots I had on hid the bottom of my sweatpants. The wind blew harsher and I made my way to the door.

I knock then ring the doorbell. Waiting patiently, my mind began to wonder who exactly owned the cars. Hopefully not Mercer's friends. He knew we were having a session today and I would be annoyed if he decided to invite his friends over.

The sound of the locks on the door switching caught my ears, taking me away from my wandering thoughts. The door opens, revealing Jules.

But not the happy Jules I was used to seeing.

"Oh, hey Genevieve." The tiredness in her voice was clear as well as her red eyes.

"Hey," I step inside the moment she opens the door wider. "Are you okay?"

"Just tired." She mutters, closing the door behind me. "Mercer is downstairs in the pool."

"Downstairs? In the pool?"

Jules nods. "Yes." Walking with me further into the house where loud voices were muffled. "We have an indoor pool downstairs and I tell you, it annoys me every time Mercer or Adrian bring their friends over."