69. Uncontrollable Obsession

Clank

Clank. Clank. Clank.

At the repetitive clank, I slowly opened eyes, I slowly opened my eyes. The dim light above me causes me to wince back as everything around me blurs into a blur. Where am I?

My eyes adjusted slowly to the room I was in. I was alone in a room that smelled sour. Confusion washed over me as I groaned at the pounding at my head. Still, in my red dress, I pulled it up, thankful that my hands are free, and made sure I still had my undergarments on.

A wave of relief washes over me as I see that everything is intact and I pull my dress back down to observe my surroundings. Taking in the cold room, it seemed as if I was in some kind of dark room. The lights were dim but red, creating a red room. I was laying on a mattress which was strange to have in a room with so much camera equipment.

The chemicals were perfectly stacked in a neatly order on the shelves. A light string holding photographs and clips. My frown deepens as the pictures compelled me toward them. Slipping off the bed, my legs trembled to cause me to fall right back onto the mattress with a low curse.

Whatever Carson did to me after he hurt Skylar had an after effect.

Oh my god. Sky.

Something was seriously off with Carson. He has gone from a shy and sweet guy, to weird, to overbearing and intrusive, to this. A person that was unrecognizable. A person that has not only kidnapped me but to it to the next level hurting Skylar.

Carson was completely different.

As I regained my equilibrium, I used my strength to walk over to the photos. Looking through the photos, I was filled with wonder. In response, my eyes widened in horror as I viewed the next picture. After that, another photo.

I glance across the room at the other side. In an attempt to better understand what was going on, I reached out a trembling hand and grabbed one of the photos.

Someone was smiling in one of the photos. This is someone who has been completely ignorant up to this point. I was that person.

The sight of me in this photo and the others made me swallow heavily. Everything made sense now. The actions and responses of Carson. To think we spent those times together for school.

This felt like some sort of sick obsession.

A voice catches my ear just as I'm reaching out to grab another photo of myself, causing me to jump and turn around with a heavy guard.

"I see you're awake," Carson says softly, his eyes trailing over me, causing me to shift uncomfortably.

I don't say anything as I watch him walk over to a small table with a tray in his hand. I look over the contents. A plate, nicely decorated with fruit. My lips turned down at the sight. Green and red grapes with sliced peaches, pineapple rings, and a few other fruits I couldn't make out.