13. Shouldn't Care

"I'm surprised you got to practice today

"I'm surprised you got to practice today." Blaze snickers, stepping onto the porch.

Ignoring him, I used the house key to get in. Pushing the door open to the quiet home.

Yeah, I got to practice today and it was all thanks to my coach's knowledge of me being tutored by one of the best, top students at Durant High.

As for now.

I've been checking my phone like an insane person all because I've been an insane person.

I didn't know what the fuck was going on with me with the way I've been feeling lately. It made no sense. Nor did this sudden feeling that made me angry at the sight of Red and that fucking kid walking together.

It pissed me off.

"I guess your tutor is doing a good job."

I wave him off, over his ignorance, and walk into the living room.

Blaze plops down on the couch just as the sound of thumping shoes hits my ears. I turned my head just in time to see Jules rounding the corner and the sight of her made me frown.

"What the hell is on your face?" My jar clenched at this sudden new look of hers.

Rolling her eyes, she waves me off. "It's called make-up."

"No, shit." I glared at her smartass. "Why do you have it on?"

"I think she looks exquisite." Blaze smiles, teasing.

I didn't miss the red crawling up Jules neck and vibrant on her cheeks.

"Thank you, Blaze." She smiles shyly.

"Always welcome, sunshine." He nods.

Jules's cheeks become darker and I punched Blaze in the shoulder causing him to hiss out a curse.

"What the fuck?" He rubs his shoulder, a pained expression on his face.

"Don't fuck with her." The warning in my tone was clear while my narrowed eyes were set on him.