375. A member of 5SOS helps you make him jealous

Niall: It never seemed like a good idea to you. This sort of thing never works, you told yourself. But when Michael offered to help you make Niall jealous, you just couldn't say no. If there was a slight chance it would work, and Niall would suddenly feel jealousy and admit his feelings for you, then it was worth it. But you just knew it would never work. How could it? "So are you really with Michael, or what's going on?" Niall asked, a week after you and Michael began the plan. The tone in his voice told you he was annoyed. "Why does it matter?" "Come on [Y/N], you know why. I mean, I think you do. I always thought one day we would be together, and now you're with him." "You never asked me out," you countered, your heart pouding in your chest. "I guess I never really realized how much I did want to be with you, until now... when it's too late." You shook your head, trying to control the smile on your face, "It's not too late. I'm not with Michael."

Liam: "I don't think it's working," you sighed sadly to Luke, after weeks of trying to make Liam jealous. No matter what you did, or not close you and Luke appeared to be, he just didn't seem to care. It was breaking your heart worse and worse. "What if he really doesn't care, and this was pointless." Luke sat next to you, and put his arm around your shoulders. He really had wanted to help, and was sorry that it didn't seem like he was so far. However, he knew a little more than you about the situation, "[Y/N], I promise, it is working. Liam has told the others how he doesn't really like that I'm with you. I think he's respecting that though?" You hated that, "Why does he have to be a good friend? That wasn't the plan." Luke laughed at your comment, "Maybe it's time to just be honest. He does have feelings you, he's admitting that now, and I think if you go to him with the truth, this could finally all work out. I'll lose my girlfriend..." You rolled your eyes at his joke, before he continued, "But you and Liam would finally be happy."

Harry: Harry was your ex, who refused to admit he still loved you and wanted you back. Everyone saw the way he truly felt, but he denied his feelings profusely. "So we'll make him jealous, and he'll finally admit his feelings," Ashton had said, on the day this plan began. And now two weeks later, you could see Harry glaring at him as he placed an arm around you and whispered in your ear. "I think its working. It looks like he wants to kill me right now." You giggled, and the pain in Harry's eyes grew. "I hate hurting him." Ashton hated it too. Neither of you wanted to make him feel bad, but it was working. "He'll finally admit the truth now though. There is no way he can deny he wants you back. And if it works, then it's worth it." You could not look at the hurt written across Harry's face, as you replied to Ashton, "I hope you're right." He had no doubts about it, he knew how crazy this was driving Harry, "I am, don't worry."

Louis: When Louis walked into the room, Calum's lips collided with yours instantly, shocking you; though you knew it was going to happen. You had planned it all out with Calum, exactly how to make Louis jealous, but it still came as a shock to you when he leaned in for the kiss. "[Y/N], can we talk?" Louis asked uncomfortable, as he watched you leaning into his friend's arms. You stood up quickly, not a thought in the world other than talking to Louis. "Yeah." You both walked outside, right where he had just come from, and he quickly began to talk. "Are you really with Calum? That kiss looked weird. Is everything okay with you two?" You knew your reaction had been bad, but you didn't expect Louis to notice. You felt so embarrassed, as you answered slowly, "I um... We... No." "What is going on then?" Louis was trying to understand what was going on here, but honestly had no idea of the truth. Not until you spoke again, and told him it with tears in your eyes, "It was just to make you jealous. He offered to help. I just... I wanted you to..." Louis cut you off, a small smile on his face, not at all angry over what you were admitting, "You wanted me to be jealous? You did? Really?"

Zayn: "But you are my best friend, and everyone knows that. How could we possibly make Zayn jealous? He'll know I don't like you that way. I always tell everyone that. How will this work?" you asked Ashton, after he offered to help you make Zayn jealous. "I don't think he would see it that way. And I think the fact we are friends is why this would work," Ashton replied, knowing honestly that it would have to be a good friend to do this with you. Anyone else, and actual feelings could get in the way. "You don't think he'll know we're lying?" He shook his head, "No, he'll forget that you and I would never date, and all he'll see is that someone else may be taking your heart." You just didn't know how that would all work, it sounded like a stretch. "I don't know. I want him so badly to just admit how he feels, but.." "I want to help, and I know this seems crazy, but it'll work. Sometimes you have to think you've lost what you love, before you realize how much you really do love it."