371. Dinner with your family

Zayn: It was your parents first time meeting Zayn, and that made the dinner so nerve-wracking. You were so in love with him; so head over heels after only a short time of dating, and if they did not like him it would devastate you. You had expressed this to Zayn before the meal, so when your family was clearing the table for dessert, and you were in the kitchen alone, Zayn came to meet you. "It's going well, don't you think?" You smiled at his comment, "It is. I'm so nervous out there, but they seem to like you. I think they do at least, I still don't know for sure what they're thinking." Zayn was glad that seemed to be the case, and could only hope later tonight, once he was gone, they would confirm that to you. He put his arms around you, and realized just how tense you were, "It's going well, so breathe a little."

Liam: You had expected just a nice calm dinner for some reason. You should have known better than that though. It was a disaster from the very start. "The food was horrible, the plate fell on the ground and broke, the dessert was a mess...." Liam cut you off, as you went on and on about how horrible the meal had gone. "But it was fun." "That's one way to describe it," you responded, not sure fun is the word you would use for the evening. Liam was confident in that one worded response though, "It was. Your family was awesome, and I got to spend it with you. It was fun. A disaster but fun. That is a option." You thought again of the night, laughing over the horrible food, cleaning up the mess together, and all the conversations that had happened around the table. "A fun disaster. Maybe that fits it, you're right."

Niall: "I'm sorry the food is a little burnt, [Y/N] was talking about you the entire time I cooked, and I ended up forgetting it in the oven," your mother joked, though the food was truly not that burnt. Niall laughed, "It's okay." "I didn't talk that much," you commented, blushing as you thought that now Niall would think all you did was talk about him. You did of course, but he did not need to know that. "You did, and always do," she replied, not seeing at all how much she was embarrassing you. You just knew Niall must think you were so weird, talking about him so much. Niall however thought it was sweet, and looked at you with a smile, "I probably talk about you so much my mum would say that same thing." "Really?" He nodded, "Yeah, we must annoy everyone around us just talking about each other non-stop."

Louis: Awkward did not even begin to explain the feeling you felt while sitting there at that table. It was so silent, and it was driving you crazy. Normally when Louis was here with your family, everyone was talking, everyone was catching up, but that was not the case this time. And you knew why. Only two weeks ago you and Louis had a argument, and your family was aware of that, and now angry at him for hurting you, though he'd done no such thing. "Can we please just talk to each other and end this awkwardness." Louis looked at you, and shrugged. He was not going to be the one to force conversation. He didn't feel like it was his place.It would just have to be you to speak and end this, "All of you need to listen. Louis and I are fine, it was one fight, and I now know not to speak to any of you if we do argue, because you handle it horribly." "We just don't want you to end up hurt." You looked at Louis confidently, "Well I won't, so can you all stop acting this way. Please."

Harry: It was a huge family dinner. It was not just your close family, but distant cousins, aunts, and uncles as well. It was so many people, and most of them had never met Harry before, so tonight was a big deal. Somehow though, you were not nervous at all. You hugged Harry before the dinner, and felt so calm and secure. "I just know they'll love you. You are the most amazing guy I could possible find, and I know they'll see that too. There's no way they won't." Harry was not as calm as you. Of course he was worried about impressing your family. "I hope so. I love you so much [Y/N], and I hope they see that." You kissed him gently, and smiled, "They better. If they don't realize how perfect you are they are not paying attention. I'm not worried at all, and you shouldn't be either. I promise."