Your My Best Friend

4. Your My Best Friend

_______________________________________________

Mikage jumped when the door to the house slammed, He knew one person that did that every since they were small; And that one person? His Kitsune son..

Tomoe-Mikage.

As if to tell him he was right the Fox stomped into the living room threw his bag on the couch and then stormed into the kitchen. When he came out he had a small orange juice in his hand and he was drinking as if some tried to dehydrate him.

Theblond god hadn't seem him this worked up since he first met Nanami, that and that one time when he had to play a kitten in the school play.

He called it racist because he was a fox and cats were disgraceful. Mikage tried to explain to him but it was no use for a third grader. In the play Nanami had to lead him around by a collar. They didn't talk for a maximum of one week because of Tomoe's embarrassment.

This? This was something entirely different.

"Did something happen at schol today?" Mikage choked out as Tomoe sent him a glare, His cheeks puffing with the juice that filled them.

The teen swallowed and looked at his father blankly, " No."

The god fixed his glasses and sighed out loud, " Tomoe, I know you better than that."

Tomoe shrugged his shoulders and glared at the man annoyed, " There is nothing wrong. I just had to put up with Mizuki and Kurama."

"Oh..." Mikage let his voice trail off with a chuckle. He knew those boys since fourth grade and they had a tendincy to tease to crap out of His son. Tomoe would always get annoyed, but he was the quiet one of the bunch.

The kitsune pulled out a book and slumped over on the couch, A few minutes later Nanami plopped down on his stomach and then teens ears flattened at the awkward position. He squirmed and looked up blankly.

"What?"

"How was school?" She giggled in a childish way.

Tomoe growled loudly; not caring if his animal instincts petruded him for once. Nanami blinked in shock.

"That bad?" She pouted and shifted her weight, Thats when Tomoe couldn't take it any more. He shoved her off and Nanami blinked in shock.

"What was that for?!" She narrowed her eyes and Tomoe looked at her, Void of emotion.

"You were heavy." He muttered and looked back at the book in his clawed hand. Nanami hit him in the head with a pillow and he grunted; his hand caught her wrist and he glanced at her annoyed,

"Stop that, Nanami."

She blinked but then smiled slightly, " Fine, Fine.." She stood up and looked at Tomoe with a small smile, She looked tired but she was preparing to put on her shoes when Tomoe looked up. He blinke dan dstared at her shocked,

"Where are you going?"

"Shopping, All my clothes are at my house and I'm not going back there." She stuck out her tongue playfully and Tomoe snapped his book shut and stormed towards her.

"Your to weak right now. Wait until a better time." His tail flicked in aggervation and he glared at her. Nanami caught this, She knew he was being protective, that was how he was; but.. It was a little annoying when it had an atittude behind it.

She frowned and continued to pull on her shoe, Thats when Tomoe jerked her wrist up above her head and looked at her; Worry played in his eyes.

Tomoe was always so gentle but right now? His grip was begging her not to leave the house alone. He a reason she was sure, What she didn't know. She tried to yank her wrist away but he tightened his grip.