A Promise Broken

25. A Promise Broken

_______________________________________

Tomoe went Pale.." Um.."

Mikage leaned his back on the counter and stared at his son; The foxes ears flopped over as the god stared him down. This was not one of those times were Tomoe could lie his way out of something.

His face was giving him away.

Mikage looked at him and arched his brow and Tomoe's tail flattened on his body. He couldn't tell his father! Sadly something told him that Mikage knew. The fox should have known really. His father was the god of match-making, flirting was in that line of work as Tomoe had a feeling.

The fox looked down in embarrassment; His father sighed as Tomoe stared at the piece of cloth. It was Nanami's blood and everything. It was his fault that she got hurt; he had lost control.

But he couldn't tell Mikage that; his father told him to control himself more.

The fox felt his face burn as he looked down, " Thats.."

The god nodded and looked at his son. Tomoe was squirmed in his seat. He was chewing on his lip as he tried to sink down in his chair. Mikage started to urge him on, " Its?"

Tomoe looked like he could die; Mikage knew why though. He had felt it hit him as soon as it happened. He had sat outside as the feeling went through his body. The match making god knew the feeling all to well. He felt it when his clients were kissing.

It was his job to know things like this; but for some reason this was weird. This was his son.. And His sons Best Friend Nanami. The little girl with pigtails and a little dress. His son was always innocent and Mikage knew he still was. That was probably why he was freaking out because of all this.

"Its.. Nanami's.." Tomoe looked away and winced when his ankle rubbed against the chair he was sitting in. He muttered something and winced in pain.

"Oh?" Mikage paused, a slight frown forming on his mouth. Tomoe looked down in embarrassment.

What was he supposed to say? 'Hey dad I lost control again?' The fox didn't know how to go about this; and right now his body was killing him. His ankle was throbbing and he wondered if he really would feel better in the morning. The cut was deeper then he liked to admit.

The blond god went to the freezer as if reading his mind and handed an ice-pack to the fox. Tomoe gladly accepted and placed it on his ankle, winced as the cold pulled and bit at his skin.

"Why is Nanami's blood on this rag Tomoe?" Mikage looke dup at his son and saw him tense. Tomoe looked at him and then looked down.

His voice dropped to a mear whisper as words poured out of his mouth. Mikage of course wasn't really shocked expect for one word that came out of his mouth that made his body tremor with a, You did what? Movement.

"Nanami touched me ears and I gave her.. A.. " Tomoe swallowed and looked away, not even daring to look his father in the eye, " A hickey." His voice went low and the man noticed the teens embarrassed and regretful look.

He was shocked though, he didn't think about the whole hickey thing but it was a possiblity. That meant when Tomoe gave it to her? He bit down way to hard. That blood was the cause of it; and Tomoe looked sick with himself.

"You bit to hard I guess." He smiled at Tomoe who looked at him shocked, " You lost control again, Is she bruised or something?"

The fox suddenly flushed pink and looked away, " Like I know! I only gave it to her, I haven't seen it since!"