I'm Home!

23. I'm Home!

____________________________________

Tomoe almost dropped his phone as his hands shook.

His dad was coming home, and he wouldn't be alone anymore. He was going to see his father, the one person that promised that he would be there after everything came crashed down.

"Tomoe?" Mikae muttered on the end.

The fox paused and then cleared his throat, " So, In a few hours?"

Mikage chuckled on the other end, He nodded but then remembered he was on a phone, " Yes. I'll be there soon, Don't cut your skating trp short but be there when I come, okay?"

Tomoe tried not to.. But he found himself smiling lightly, " Yeah; Okay. We'll be waiting for you guys."

"Alighty then! Bye, See you soon!"

Tomoe sighed, " Okay, See ya dad."

The line went dead and Tomoe slowly lowered the phone from his ear. He looked at the screen as it lit up his features in the darkness of the night. The fox felt his tail wag but winced when he felt pain shoot through it. Crap, He was going to be sore in the morning.

Tomoe turned and opened the door to the skating rink, entering the inside with ease. He walked in and to the tabe that he was sitting at. Nanami was still there drinking her soda and looking like she was in deep thought.

The fox arched his brow and sat down, not bothering to interrupt her thoughts; maybe it was just something she was always going on at, Right? He sighed and propped his head in his hand as he watched people skate by.

Mizuki was laughing as Kurama hit a wall, He glared at the snake and snaped him in the head with his wing. Mizuki glared at him and called forth his snake Hebi.

Nanami sighed as she snapped out of her gaze and qucikly stood to stop the two from fighting. She zoomed towards them as Tomoe watched with amusment. She pulled them apart and Kurama looked down at his watch.

He said something and all three of them nodded. They all started to skate towards Tomoe; making him furrow his brow in confusion. When they reached him they stopped and sat down.

"What are you doing?" Tomoe inquired.

They looked at him and Nanami sighed, " Going home. Its getting late."

Tomoe blinked but then sighed, it was for the best. He had to get home so he didn't miss his dad coming inside. The fox stood and picked up Nanami's skates. When she put her shoes on he went and checked her skates in.

When he came back they were all done so he shrugged his shoulders and started to walk towards the exit. He had to get home, Nanami didn't know yet but he didn't care. He just had to get home so his dad didn't go to before seeing him.

Mizuki and Kurama said their goodbyes but before they did Kurama gave Tomoe a nudge in the amr and winked at him. The fox growled while Mizuki looked at him innocently, " Hold Nanami-Chans Hand if she gets scared."

Kurama nodded, " Just don't get to violent with her." He winked and Tomoe looked at him mortified, Mizuki started to laugh while they watched Tomoe fume and glare at the Tengu, Curse this idiot..

Mizuki nodded, " Yeah, Don't tell him that now. Its to late... Nanami-chan has a hickey. Its amazes me she hid it so well."

Tomoe pauses, He looked over at Nanami who was walking ahead of them, completely unaware of their conversation. He blinked and tried to strain his eyes to see what they were talking about. It wasn't possible..