NYC:2

NYC : 2

EUREKA'S POV

EUREKA'S POV

Why on earth is everyone busy? At ako lang 'yung hindi? Am I missing something?

Nawalan na 'ko ng gana kumain dahil wala naman akong kasabay. So, instead na sa canteen ako pumunta, nagtungo na lamang ako sa labas ng building.

Fresh air greets me when I laid my feet on the quadrangle. Tanaw ko mula rito ang berdeng soccer field, kung sa'n may ilang varsity players na nagti-training ng soccer.

I stroll around to expose myself under the sun. Ngunit napahinto ako malapit sa isang alley, something really interesting caught my attention.

"Ever since in junior high, I really admire you! A-And I really a-adore your p-personality. And u-um... I... I just want you to know that... that I..."

A girl, stammering, stood at the alley. At hindi siya nag-iisa. In front of that girl, there was a tall guy with his blank face and cold eyes. The girl faced this guy, as though she's confessing her feelings to him.

"I... I REALLY LIKE YOU, ELE!"  the girl confronted the guy.

I shouldn't be listening to their conversation but, well, mukhang naka-activate ang curiosity ko. So, I stayed where I am and watch the scene from a meters gap.

"Is that all you gotta say?"  The cold-looking guy, Ele, raised his eyebrows. Tilting his head with a frown.

The girl, whomever she is, nods her head and smiled to the guy.  "S-So, can you... can you accept my f-feelings? Please!"

That girl looks so determined to win the guy's heart. But the guy, Ele, seems not interested at all. His eyes squinted, staring at the girl who's standing before him.

"Give me one good reason why would I waste my time for acknowledging your feelings for me?"

I almost rolled my eyes. Ele's response made my palm hit my face. He never change. Tss.

"U-Um..."  The girl blinked, she's searching for a word to say but she's stuck speechless.

"First of all, I don't know you, miss, and..."  Bumuntong hininga si Ele, clicking his tongue.  "Honestly, I'm impressed with your guts. But mind to tell you, guts without brain is dangerous."

Natulala ang babae sa sinabi nito. The girl's in the brink of tears, but Ele continued talking as if he isn't aware that he's hurting someone else's feelings.

"Before being swayed by your emotions, I suggest for you to calculate the outcomes. Life isn't a romantic fantasy where you always get the guy of your dreams. Use your wits, miss. You can't just popped out of nowhere like a mushroom, then convince someone to like you back. It's irrational and irritating at the same time."

Oh, Ele, that was harsh!

"B-But... I... I can be whatever girl you like! A-Ano bang t-type mo sa babae? I-I can be that girl! J-Just give me a c-chance! Please?" 

Poor girl. Knowing Ele, his answer will be...

"I'm not interested,"  he boredly said.

I knew it.

At doon na tuluyang bumuhos ang luha ng babae. She cried and covered her face by her hands. Tumalikod ang babae at ito'y tumakbo paalis, humahagulhol sa iyak.

Ele was left standing in the alley, all alone. There's no hint of regret from his pokerface. Stone-cold.

Pero hindi ko naman masisisi ang mga babae kung magkagusto sila kay Ele. Ele Mcdon is the cold yet genius type of guy. His looks is also one of the factors why many girls, in and out of the campus, admire him. But sometimes, he has this side of being a savage, a sarcastic freak.

Bakit nga ba sobrang dami kong nasasabi tungkol sa kaniya? Kilala ko ba s'ya? Well, folks, Ele is one of my closest friends. Yes, he is. That cold heart breaker is my pal. Kami-kami nila Suzy, Neil, Genesis, at Ele ay magkakaibigan na since junior high school. And we're the type of friends who are in ride-or-die relationship. The adventure squad. Tinalo pa namin si Dora The Explorer. Not kidding.

But then, when we got here in senior high... Sad to say... Hindi na kami gaanong nakakapag-hang out nang magkakasama. Wala, busy na sa studies eh. How I miss the old times.

Nagtama ang mga mata namin ni Ele. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay at saka humalukiplip. Nagpamulsa naman siya at naglakad palabas ng iskinita. His tall height towered before me.

"Eavesdropping, are we?" 

"Another victim, Mr. Heart breaker?"  I countered.

Nag-tch siya at naningkit ang mga mata.  "You know that I hate that title."

"Hindi ka man lang ba magso-sorry doon sa babaeng pinaiyak mo?" tanong ko pero hindi siya sumagot, kaya napangiwi ako at umiling.  "You'll never change."

And he smirked.  "I'll take that as a compliment."

Napaawang ang bibig ko. Amused. The confidence of this man is unreachable, totally in higher level!

"Excuse me..."

Out of nowhere, isang estudyante ang nag-approach sa amin. His school uniform is tidy and he looks so formal. Mukhang isa siya sa mga SSG officers ng school.

"Ele McDon and Eureka Flores, you two are from JD Club right?"  the formal student asked.

Nagtataka, nagkatinginan kami ni Ele.

"Yes, we are,"  I answered.  "Can we help you?"

"Principal Morgan wants to see you in his office,"  the student replied.   "Come as soon as possible. He said he has an important news for both of you."

Weird, but I felt chills down to my spine.

After what he said, the formal student politely excused himself. Umalis ito at naiwan ulit kaming magkasama ni Ele.

"Why do you think the principal wants to see us?"  I frowned and tapped my chin.  "It's been awhile, right?"

I looked at Ele and saw a hint of excitement through his eyes. A sly smile formed in his lips, at para bang parehas pa kami ng iniisip.

"Whatever it is, my gut-feel says it would be much more worthy to hear than a girl's confession."

Natawa ako sa sinabi niya. 

Well, Ele will always be Ele.

_________________________________________

A/N:

Ele is here and still alive, folks! HAHAHA! Say y'all in the next update.