Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Eureka's POV

I'M PART OF a club.

And I can't believe it!

Kanina pa ako nakatulala sa kawalan habang nilalakad ang pathway palabas ng school's gate.

The class was finally over. The day will end soon. Students came rushing towards the gate, can't wait to get home.

As for I, being all preoccupied, my pace can almost be compared to a turtle. Nakatulala lang ako sa aking dinaraanan, habang hawak ang magkabilang straps ng aking backpack. Naglakad ako nang naglakad.

A few moments later, I found myself walking towards my aunt's apartment... where I live.

Finally, I'm home.

Paghakbang ko papasok ng apartment building, hindi ko inaasahan ang aking madadatnan.

What the...

"Sir! H'wag kang mag-scandal dito!"

"Baliw na 'yan! Paalisin na natin 'to dito!"

"Oo nga!!!"

I literally stiffened after hearing such wild remarks and seeing a crowd of onlookers.

Sa gitna ng hallway, mayroong dalawang guards na hawak-hawak ang magkabilang braso ng isang lalaking nagwawala.

The tenants, who are peeking out of their unit doors, seem to be pestered by that scenario.

Describing that anonymous man who's spreading disturbance in my aunt's apartment; his clothes were a total ragged and mess! His face was covered with thick beard. And his skin was darker than normal.

Mukha siyang pulubi, in short.

Pinagmasdan ko kung paano hilahin ng dalawang security guards ang kaawa-awang ginoo.

"NO! LET GO OF ME!!!" the old man protested, struggling from the guards' grip. "I'M PROFESSOR JOHN CALLAGHAN! I'M A SCIENTIFIC EXPLORER!!! AND I'M HERE TO PROVE THAT PLATO WAS RIGHT! HE WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABOUT THE ISLAND!!! HAHAHA! HE WAS RIGHT!!!"

The way he delivered those lines was creepy! He acts mad as a hatter.

"Baliw!" yelled by the guard. "Tara at sumama ka na sa'min sa labas o tatawag kami ng pulis!"

"NOOO! I'M A SCIENTIFIC EXPLORER! MISTER JOHN CALLAGHAN! PLATO WAS RIGHT! PLATO WAS RIGHT! THE CITY! THE ISLAND! IT IS REAL!!! PLATO WAS RIGHT!" paulit-ulit na sinasabi ng matandang baliw na parang sirang plaka.

Out of nowhere, bigla akong napaisip.

Plato? Is he talking about the ancient philosopher? And... what about the island? The city? What was he pertaining to, I wonder?

Ang pag-iisip ko'y naudlot nang mapansin kong papalapit na pala sa direksyon ko ang dalawang gwardiya, habang sapilitan nilang kinakaladkad ang matandang baliw.

I took a step backward, giving them enough space to walk out of the exit. As the guards went through dragging out the old man and eventually gone from our sights, finally, the tenants seem to be relieved.

And so do I.

I saw auntie stood at the middle of the hallway, pleading an apology towards her respective lodgers. The people after the incident, however, just shut their doors closed as if nothing happened.

Balak ko sanang lapitan si auntie, sa gayun ay makamusta ko siya. Pero nang akma na sana akong hahakbang, bigla akong natigilan.

Something caught my eyes. It's a USB flash-drive lying on the floor out of nowhere.