Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Principal Morgan's POV

"THIS WAY, SIR."

A certain licenced doctor- psychiatrist to be exact- wearing white laboratory gown and a mask, led the way. I tailed behind that doctor. We walked down the marbled floor with eerie silence within the corners. Our footsteps echo as we trail the long hallway.

Eventually, the doctor opened a door. He looked at me and gestured his hand implying that I should enter.

"Thank you, Doctor Roberts," I said.

Behind his mask, the doctor spoke, "Your welcome, sir. I'll be guarding you from out here. If you need anything, just knock and I'll always be behind this door."

I simply nodded my head, before I set my foot across the doorframe.

At the moment I went inside, the doctor immediately shut the door closed. Thus, I was left within the vacant room.

The entire room, from top to bottom was painted with pure white. At the center, a transparent wall was built that divides the room in a half.

At the other side of the wall, a familiar man was sitting alone by his chair and a table. My eyes furrowed as I saw his presence.

"Callaghan," I whispered his name, but loud enough to catch his attention.

"M-Morgan?" he mumbled, as he lifted his head and stared at me with doubt. "Is... Is that you?"

My heart was moved 'cause for so many years, I finally heard his voice once again.

I stepped forward and went closer to the transparent wall.

"Yes, it's me," I answered.

Without taking his gaze away from me, Callaghan suddenly adjusted his seat and stood upright. Slowly, he walked nearer.

"A-Am... Am I not hallucinating?" he asked with hesitation.

I shook my head and lent him a smile. "No, you're not. This really is me."

We came facing each other, only the center's glass wall between us is keeping us apart.

"M-Morgan... I-I have so much to tell you! So so much, that I don't know where to start..." his tone seems to be firm yet sad. "M-My friend, if only you were with me... If only you didn't give up on our journey... You could have also behold what my eyes did! Atlantis. I'm telling you, my friend. Plato was right about that island. The Atlantis exists."

He stares at me, with his irises fired up, convincingly. I didn't respond, instead, I let him continue his statement.

"E-Everybody t-thinks I'm crazy, Morgan," he exclaimed, disappointment was written within his words. "Everybody thinks that I only made up stories. Nobody listens to me."

"You have me, Callaghan," I interjects.

By those words, I saw hope drawn in his eyes.

"I believe in you," I continued. "Ever since then, I believe that Atlantis is true. I gave up searching for it, not because I'm tired nor my faith faded. I gave up because I already accept the truth that it's not meant for my eyes to see... It's for yours. Only for yours."

"M-Morgan..." John Callaghan got teary eyes.

"I'm sorry if I left our team. I'm sorry if I left you alone. I hope that visiting you here and confronting you maybe the best way to show how sorry I am,"  I sincerely said.  "Again, I am really sorry."