1

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting in class.
It's my first day back. I've been absent for about two weeks, I made the decision to move into my own house after my parents split, so I needed some time to get it all in order - being almost 22 and in college, I felt it was about time to get away from them anyway.

My friends and I are chatting, trying to keep my mind off things. I've all already finished my work.
"Y/N, we're gonna walk to the cafe after class and get some food, do you want to come?" My friend Amy-Leigh asks.
"Yeah, that'd be great." I say.
Amy-Leigh's hazel eyes light up with excitement and her dark hair catches the light from the window behind her.

The Professor looks over to me.
"Focus, girls." She husks out. We make direct eye contact. Her beautiful red hair frames her face and falls onto her white blouse.
"Sorry, Professor Romanoff." Amy-Leigh apologies. The Professor's green eyes snap back to the whiteboard, my friends look forward and I pay attention once more.
I quickly scan the board to see if I missed anything important. But my nerves calm after I realise that most of it was fairly self explanatory.

"Oh and," the Professor looks back at me, "Y/N, can you stay back after class?" My classmates make that annoying 'oooOOooO' noise.
"I want to fill you in on what you missed when you were absent." Professor Romanoff smiles.
"Oh, yeah, I can stay behind for a bit." I respond.
I hear Amy-Leigh sigh,
"You were supposed to come to the cafe with us." She mutters quietly.
"I'll meet you there." I whisper back to her.

After a few more minutes, other students begin packing their bags and pulling on their coats.
My friends approach me,
"Text us when your on your way, we'll order your drink for you." My friend, Jayden, says as he fixes his blonde hair. I haven't known him for long, but he sits next to Amy and I and so we started hanging out about a month ago.
"Yeah, I'll see you soon."
They all walk out, it's just me and the Professor.

She wipes all her writing from the whiteboard while she talks to me.
"So... you've missed a test and a few study sessions - but looking at your other work, I have no doubt that you'll be able to do the test without the study sessions." She turns to look at me and picks up a piece of paper from her desk.
"Is that okay?"
"I mean, yeah." I say, "I can try."
"Good." Romanoff walks over to my desk and puts the paper down. "Just let me know when you've finished and I'll mark it for you, you can get your results today."
I nod and start writing on the paper, starting with the date and my name before moving on to the questions. Most of which I find fairly simple, it's just a lot of writing.

Romanoff's POV

I sit down at my desk and watch her write.
I pull my laptop in front of me to pretend I'm doing something, but I'm just watching her.
She's been in my class since she joined the college, about 3 years ago now. She's always been a good student, a quiet student, but a good one.

She always knows the answers, but she never raises her hand. And I know that she knows, every time someone says the wrong answer, she shakes her head...which is pretty cute to watch. She's got good grades, a tight group of friends, good humour, good fashion sense and a good body.

Wait, I can't be thinking like this. Not now.

I look back at my laptop and type some random letters on a word document and then I look at a piece of paper as if I'm transcribing something. I can hear her pen quickly writing answers.
She's so smart too.
I genuinely think she could teach the class if she wanted too, probably better than I could.

I look up at her again and I hear her mutter,
"Shit.", I've never heard her swear before, not even in front of her friends.
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." I speak up.
"Oh." She looks up at me, "my pen's out of ink."
I quickly scan my desk in search of another one, I find one and test it on a piece of paper.
"This one works." I say while standing up, I walk over to her and place it on the desk.
I take a quick glance at her answers, all correct so far.
"Keep at it." I smile and walk back to my desk.