79

Y/N's POV

Natasha and I lay in bed together. My head is on her chest, she holding my hand with one of her own and her other arm is wrapped around me securely.

"Baby?" She says, I hum attentively. "Is it okay if I buy you a few Christmas gifts? I've got some stuff I'd love to give you."
"Only if I can buy you things too." I say in response. She smiles and nods.
"Fine, if you must."

"We should get some food, shouldn't we?" I ask, she holds me tightly. We've been lying here for hours.
"We should but I wanted to help you study today."
"Are you sure? I don't want you hungry." I say, she nods and slowly sits up, forcing me up with her.
"I'm sure, I want to help you."

She keeps her hand in mine and leads me to her office, I grab my backpack as we pass and she pulls out an old school workbook from her desk.
"These are my old notes, show me what you've got." She says, I open my notebook and she starts to read through, adding small little notes from hers where she can.

She has nice handwriting.

She starts explaining some of the notes I was confused about, things I've marked with a question mark. She even gives me small examples. She really is a great teacher. I can't help the smile that appears on my face as I watch her explaining the concepts to me.

"So it basically means that- what?" She says, noticing my expression.
"You are an amazing teacher, Natasha." I respond, she smiles.
"You will be too. I'm sure of it." She plants a small kiss on my cheek. I hold her face and pull her until her lips are against mine.
"I love you so much, Tasha." I say,
"I love you more than you could ever understand." She responds. That definitely gave me butterflies.

My phone starts to ring.
"If this isn't someone granting me infinite money and eternal happiness with Natasha Romanoff... I'll be very upset." I remark, picking up the phone.
It's Angelo.
"Natasha, do you wanna play protective girlfriend?" I show her my phone, she glances at the screen and nods.
"Always."

Romanoff's POV

Y/N hands me her phone and I answer Angelo's call.
"Y/N?" Angelo says down the phone,
"Y/N's busy, what do you want?" I say.
"Oh, I- I'll call back." He responds and clears his throat.
"No, no. I can take a message. What is it?" I say, he sighs.

"I wanted to apologise to her. I didn't know Levi was going to do what he did, I didn't want him too. I'm sorry." He says. He sounds sincere, but I don't know him very well - and it being over phone makes it much easier for him to hide his true intentions.

"I'll let her know." I say, "But don't expect anything from her."
"I won't. Thank you, Natasha." He says, "I'll let you go."
He hangs up and I hand Y/N her phone back, I explain what he said and she nods.

"Ugh, I don't know." She groans, "Why should I believe a word he says? I'm just so sick of people lying to me and using me all the time." She's about to stand up, I assume to go calm down. I hold her hand.
"What if I run you a bath? I'll make you some food and you can just relax?"
"That would be lovely, Tasha."

Y/N's POV

Natasha gets me tucked into bed and brings me some food. She sits down next to me and gets under the covers.
"I want to tell you something." She says, "and it's going to be a lot. I just feel like you need to know."
"I'll listen." I say reassuringly, "I'll listen to you, no matter what."

"The hysterectomy was involuntary." She says, "I was raised in an environment where I didn't get much choice about anything."
"Natasha..."
"It's why I have so many scars. If you didn't do what they wanted, you got punished. They want us to be perfect girls - perfect in their eyes. I escaped and started to make a new life for myself."

Perfect girls? Escaped?

"What are you thinking?" She says softly.
"Why did you decide to become a teacher?" I ask curiously, trying to be considerate, she smiles.
"I wanted to help people. Teaching was the way I decided to do it." She explains.

"I uh, I had a question I wanted to ask you." She says, putting her hands in her pockets nervously. "I know that right now isn't a good time, but while we're being honest..."
She pulls a velvet black box out of her pocket, holding it before me.
"I want to marry you."

Holy shit, she just proposed.

"Natasha." I say, "I- wait right here."
"Wha-" she says as I stand up and walk over to the wardrobe, I reach into one of my pairs of shoes on the ground of the wardrobe and pull out a small velvet box of my own. I turn to look at her.
"I want to marry you too."

A huge smile appears on her face,
"What? You bought me a ring?" She asks.
"I had it custom made, I had an idea for it and I know a guy." I say, I slowly open the box and watch her eyes ogle at the silver ring with two black inner bands, met in the middle by a circle of red and a matching red gem.

"Black and red." She says under her breath. "It's beautiful."
"You're beautiful." I respond, she looks at me and smiles even more. Then, she opens her box - a ring matching the rest of my jewellery style with a lovely set of shining gems on the front.
"It's beautiful too."

"So is that a yes?" I ask,
"I proposed to you first, Angel." She says, taking the ring out of the box and holding it in front of my hand.
"Yes." I say, she slides the ring on my finger and I lean in to kiss her cheek.
"Will you marry me?" I whisper, she turns her head and kisses me softly.
"Of course I will." She says, I carefully take the ring out of the box and slide it on her ring finger.

Her hands reach to my face and pull me towards her. I take her left hand in mine, leaning against her body and kissing her with all the passion that I can muster. She pulls me on top of her.
"I love you. I love you. I love you." She says over and over, kissing me all over my face. I start kissing hers back, saying 'I love you' between each one. We start alternating, she kisses me somewhere and I return the favour. Both of us are making sure that the other knows how much we love them.

Her hands slowly slide up my legs, lifting me onto her lap. Her hands move under my shirt and up my spine, grasping at the clasp of my bra. I put my hands on her shoulders and nod, she unhooks my bra and leans over to my ear.
"We"re going to regret this in the morning, aren't we?" She whispers,
"Well that depends on how hard you fuck me, doesn't it?"