33

Y/N's POV

She turns her head to me as we lay next to each other. I'm going to lie here and listen to her.
"It started pretty naturally... we'd hang out as friends and then we started being more. We were happy, or at least I thought we were. And then Vision came along and-"
"Wait. That's her husband? His name is Vision?" I know I said I'd bare with her, but I have to question that.
"Yeah, that's the one part where the only I answer I can give is 'don't ask'." She smiles, I nod.
"She started hanging out with him, I didn't think much of it. But she got jealous when I got close with Professor Rogers or Professor Banner. She did apologise for it after, but I did find it a bit odd." Natasha explains, "And then she admitted to me that she liked Vision."

"She just said that to you?"
"She did. She told me that she was interested in him, it was during an argument. She explained that she liked Vision but she liked me too. I know that there are people who can be in relationships with multiple people, open relationships and that sort of thing, but that's not me, I can't do that."

She takes a minute to breath,
"I told her that, I told her I couldn't do it... and a few weeks later, she left me for him. He didn't even know we were even together. I bet he still doesn't know that we were together at the time." She explains.
"That was it. She left me for him and told me to move on, I did. I didn't want to lose her as a friend though, she was a good friend. She was still there for me, we just weren't dating. I thought that was it, but apparently not."

"Can I have a hug?" She asks, I pull her close to me and hug her.
"Always." She holds me, breathing out heavily. She pulls away when she's ready.
"Thank you."
"You know, this date was amazing." I say, I want to move this in a better direction. The longer she thinks about it, the more upset she'll probably get. "I loved it all, so thank you."
"I'm glad you liked it." She smiles.

"I'm gonna try get some sleep, and then I'll drive us back in the morning?"
"Yeah, that's okay. Sleep well. I love you." I kiss her on the forehead, she hugs into me and pulls one of the blankets over us.
"I love you more, Angel." She smiles, I dramatically roll my eyes at her. "Oh, you love it. I can see it."

She's right, I do quite like it. It's pretty cute.
I'm her Guardian Angel.
I close my eyes and hold her, feeling the cold air brush by.

"Oh, by the way, you have a presentation on Monday."
"What?" My eyes open once again and I stare at her, she's got a huge smile on her face.
"If you listened in class, you would've known about it." She teases,
"You did this on purpose, didn't you? You did say you were going to go harder on me."
"And I did go harder, earlier." She smiles, she's talking about when we fucked...

"Natasha." I say in my sternest voice possible.
"What?" She giggles to herself,
"I'm going to ace this presentation."
"Okay, Angel. And if you do, I'll get you a gift." She says, she's already spent so much money on me - normally I don't even let people buy me birthday gifts, I've never liked the idea of people spending money on me.

Just give me your time.

"I don't want a gift." I say with a smile, "I'm sure this date of yours cost enough."
"It won't cost much, trust me."
"Fine, and if I fail, do I get you a gift?" I ask,
"If you fail, you have to eat me out on the kitchen counter?"
"That's a good gift, and bold. I'm in." I say. She grabs my hand and shakes it before hugging back into me,
"I'm actually going to sleep now." She says and closes her eyes.

Romanoff's POV

I slowly wake up to the loud, squawking birds. Y/N's in my arms, but she's facing the other way, we're spooning. I can see a light shimmering onto her face and so I slowly peak over.
"What are you doing, honey?" I ask softly.
"My presentation." She responds and puts her phone face down, "How'd you sleep?"
Her voice, every time I hear it, it's so pleasing. Every morning I wake up with her, I dread the moment she clears her throat and gets rid of her extra-sexy voice and swaps it out for her regular-sexy voice.
"I slept okay." She turns to face me and there it is, the dreaded throat-clearing!

"You seemed a bit restless, I'll be honest." She says, "I even considered waking you up at one point."
"Really?" I ask, I don't remember what I dreamt about, if anything, I managed to drift away fairly fast in her arms.
"Yeah, you kept turning and pulling on the blanket. Normally, you're quite peaceful." She says quietly.
"Normally? You always watch me sleep?"
"I like to check on you." She justifies herself, sitting up and pulling me up with her.

"Is there anything on Sunday's agenda?" She stretches,
"It's a lazy Sunday, baby. We had our fun Saturday." I smile and start to get up.
"Okay, let's get home." She smiles back, also standing up.

She considers my house her home? That's adorable. We sure have moved fast, it'll be our one week anniversary on Monday.
Oh my god, why am I thinking as if a one week anniversary is actually a thing?

I get up and slave my way over to the drivers seat, she gets in the passenger side after making sure everything is in order in the back of the truck. She puts her head down on the dashboard.
"Your seatbelt, Angel."
"Do I have too? I'm sure Guardian Angels can't die."
"Come on, now." I say, she groans and puts on her seatbelt.
"You didn't sleep, did you?" I ask,
"Nope." She's got dark circles under her eyes, and the whites in her eyes are bloodshot.
"We can get coffee?" I start up the pickup and drive down the dirt road we came in on.
"I don't want coffee, I want our bed."

Our bed. My heart flutters when she says it.

"Okay, we'll have a really lazy Sunday and just sleep all day."
"Don't you have to get ready for your classes on Monday?" She says, trying to get comfortable on the chair while seat-belted, she's not succeeding.
"Don't remind me."

When we get back home, we walk in the door together to see Yelena packing a box.
"Hey Natasha! I'm moving out!"
"What?" I walk over to her, Y/N walks over to Amy and starts talking to her.
"Yeah, Kate said that I could move in with her - Lucky and Fanny have been getting along and it means we can hang out more."
"Poor Kate." I joke, "Why didn't you call me?"
"Cause you said you'd be busy."
"Right, when are you going?" I ask,
"Oh, Kate's on her way to pick me up."

Well, that's fast.

"Oh, Professor Romanoff." Amy walks over to me, "I'll also be heading back home. I really appreciate you letting me stay with you, I got news that Jayd-"
"Call him Mistah J, Amy." Y/N chips in.
"You gave him a nickname and didn't tell me?" Amy turns to Y/N, "How dare you." She then turns back to me.
"Oh, right - yeah, he's moved back in with his parents so he's nowhere near us anymore."

"Well, when you're all ready to go, let me know and I'll drive you back." I smile, she thanks me again and we both walk over to Y/N.
"You're not going home, right?" I ask her as she walks to the kitchen,
"What do you mean? I'm already here." She smiles, "You want tea?"

I love this woman so much.