10

Y/N's POV

I walk down the hall with my phone in my hand.
I just kissed my teacher, my teacher just kissed me and oh my god, it was good.

Her lips were so soft, the gentle touch of her hands on my face sent me into orbit. I can't even imagine it, all this time, she's liked me?

I make it to the canteen and I see Brad and Amy-Leigh in the line, they wave me over and I quickly cut in.
Amy gets a brownie and a can of soda, Brad gets a bottle of water and I get myself a cookie and a can of soda.
"You got your phone?" Brad asks,
"Yeah, Professor Romanoff found it. She asked about my Lock Screen, Amy." Amy starts laughing,
"Did you tell her the truth?"
I nod, Brad looks visibly confused and so I show him the Lock Screen.
"Is that you?"
"Yeah, that's her. Y/N, all seductively posing for the camera!" Amy-Leigh exaggerates, moving her body as if to emphasise the words 'seductively posing'.

"You guys wanna hang out?" Brad asks, "we could go out for a drink?"
"It's Monday, Brad." I state, even though I could probably use a drink.
"What? Are you a wimp?" He jokes, "I'm kidding, why don't we watch a movie a movie or something?"

"Oh yeah, Y/N." Amy starts, "What happened you your no-gift rule? You accepted a gift from Professor Romanoff."
"She doesn't know about the rule. She had already gone out and bought me something, it would've been rude to tell her that I wasn't accepting it." I explain, Amy laughs and starts poking me again.
"Or you like her!"
Brad laughs too,
"You did get all nervous around her on Friday."

We stop walking and I look at Brad, I even point at him for emphasis.
"That was a one time incident. It was circumstantial."
"Uh huh, you did say you like woman." Brad starts, this is gonna go well, "Do you like older women? Do you like authority figures? Would you fuck your boss?"

As much as I hate to admit, he's pretty much right on the mark.
"Depends who my boss is..."

We walk out of the school gates,
"Who's house are we going to?" Amy asks,
"Mine's closest." I say, "But Brad, if you try and pull a Jayden, I'll throw you out the window."
We all laugh and start walking back to my house.

Romanoff's POV

"You two certainly fixed everything, I told you there was nothing to worry about." Wanda assures me, I'm still so distracted I don't even know what she's talking about.
"What?"
"Well, last week. You were upset because you thought you had hurt her?" Wanda explains,
"Oh, right."

"What did you get her for her birthday?"
"Just a card and chocolate." I say, I still can't fathom what just happened.
I kissed her and she kissed me back.
I don't even know where we go from here, the next time I'll see her, we'll be in class. She'll be a student and I'll be a teacher. Like always.

"Anyway, I got those super tangy candies you were talking about?" She moves on, I barely even look at her, I keep staring right at the desk, right where she sat when this whole thing started.
"Wanna go try them?"
"Yeah, they're in your classroom?" I finally look at her and she starts walking out, I follow.
"Yeah."

Anything to distract me, right?

Y/N's POV

We're sitting on my couch watching a movie, my apartment is a lot more furnished now, but it's still not done. We've got some snacks. Hell, most of my kitchen is snacks.

I don't even know what movie we're watching, I'm just thinking about Natasha. I mean, how could I think of anything else?
My Professor confessed to liking me, she said she thinks about me.

I wonder if she's ever... never-mind. I shouldn't think about this while my friends are here. I'll just try focus on the movie, whatever it is.

After a minute of trying to mentally catch up, I stand up from the couch.
"I'll be back in a few minutes, don't pause."

I walk to my bedroom and take the card and chocolate out of my backpack, I open my bedside cabinet and put them in next to the post-it, which now holds so much more meaning to me.

I wish we got to talk more about what happened before Professor Maximoff interrupted. We obviously can't talk about it during class, but we don't really see each other otherwise.
The most we could get is 5 minutes before other students show up.

It's the next day, Tuesday. I wake up, I only slept for about 3 hours which is more than I thought I'd get but less than I need.
After some consideration, I decide to dress like my phone lock screen. Black jeans, black shirt, leather jacket and some classic boots. I had set my alarm for half an hour earlier to grab some coffee for me and Natasha.

I do the daily morning rituals, eat some fruit I found in the kitchen and walk to the cafe. When I get in, there's Natasha over by the side, waiting for a drink.
I walk over behind her,
"Hey." She turns, startled.
"Oh, hey, Y/N. I bought you coffee." She smiles,
"I was gonna buy you some."
"Really?" She asks as one of the waitresses hand her the drinks, she gives me mine.
"Have you paid yet?" I ask her.
"No, but don't you-"
I pull out my wallet and hand the money to the waitress. Natasha tries to stop me, but with hot coffees in our hands, she doesn't put up too much of a fight.

I'm glad it's not awkward.

"You want to walk together?" I ask,
"Don't you think it'll be a little weird?"
"I don't think so, we just ran into each other in the coffee shop and starting talking, nothing weird about that," I suggest, she nods and we start walking together.

"Where do we go from here?" She asks, the dreaded question. Not because I don't want this to go on, but because I don't know how we should go about this.
"I don't know."
She sighs,
"I was really hoping you would, because I don't." We both laugh slightly,
"Well, where do you want to go from here?" I ask her, she stops and looks at me.
"I feel like I shouldn't answer that."

Oh, now I wanna hear her say it. I guess that answers last nights question though.

"Come on, tell me." We start walking again,
"Are you sure? I don't want to make you rethink this."
"I don't think anything will make me rethink this, I was content with my decision the second I kissed you back." I state.

She takes a deep breath,
"I want you on top of my desk, no one around..." she starts, oh hell yeah. "Just me and you, the only thing between us is tension."
My eyes widen,
"You could write a novel with those thoughts." I smile, a play on her own words. She laughs.

"I want to hold your hand." I say, she offers her hand to me. I give her my injured hand and she takes it very carefully. She gently circles her thumb on my palm as we walk.
"We'll have to let go when we get close to the school." She sighs, she doesn't seem happy about that.
"I know, so let's do it while we can."

When we get to the school gates, we let go of each other and she walks ahead of me. We fall back into our usual routine, she'll go into her classroom, I'll wait a minute and then I'll go in.
But when I get there, Professor Maximoff is there too, they are clearly good friends.

No pre-class kiss for us.

A/N: you know, it's really weird to be midway writing some smut and then have to come back to chapter 10 and be like, oh yeah, I remember when they had their first kiss. I'm so far ahead, you have no idea.