9

Romanoff's POV

I walk over to her desk and sit on top of it.
The smell of her is still there, and god it's amazing.
Just as I'm about to get back to work, I spot her phone sitting on the chair.

I pick it up and the screen lights up.
My eyes widen as I see the background, a fairly steamy looking picture of a woman in a leather jacket and a rolled up shirt draped over top of a car.
Her face isn't visible, but she's clearly having a good time.
Wait... is this a picture of Y/N?

It's the same leather jacket she was wearing on Friday and the body build looks about the same.
It's certainly a good picture, whether it's Y/N or not.

[this is the inspiration, of course it changes based on your appearance

[this is the inspiration, of course it changes based on your appearance. Just make it fit you!]

My thighs press together, just looking at it. With her lingering aroma, it makes it easy to imagine her here with me.

I hear the door open,
My eyes move away from the phone and my legs separate again, then a familiar voice speaks to me.
I turn around, it's Y/N. "I left my phone." She states. Oh fuck.

I can't believe she almost saw me doing that. If it had been a second later... I don't want to think about this.

"Oh, it must be this one." I try to play it off as I hold up the phone. She walks over and I hand it to her, our hands brush up against each other again. I didn't do it on purpose that time. Did she do that?

"Hey, you're shaking?" She says, looking at my hand. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I..." I can't even think of what to say.
"Your phone background, it's an interesting choice."

"Oh, right." She laughs and looks at it.
"I didn't mean to look, it just lit up when I picked it up." I attempt to justify myself.
"Yeah, it's all good."
"Is it a celebrity or something?" I ask her, taking a deep breath.
"Oh no, it's me. It's from last Christmas. Me, Amy and her brothers went out for drinks and- I mean, we don't drink." I laugh and walk away from her desk.
"Right, go on." I say, toying with her just a bit.

No wonder it looks so good, it is her!

"We were...not drunk and I had draped myself over Amy's brothers car. I was pretending he hit me with it. Amy took a picture and I liked the way it looked." She shrugs.

"If you looked that good getting hit by a ca-" I cut myself off when I realise what I just said. She laughs.
"Oh, yeah?"

I gulp. The way she said it, it was so pleasing to hear. It was almost sensual.

"I didn't mean to-"
"Natasha, it's fine." She interrupts me. I feel my stomach tighten and my breath get heavier.
Oh, please, not now. She has no clue what she does to me.

"You aren't supposed to call me that in school." I say in the most sarcastic tone I can muster at the current moment.
"It's after school hours." She looks up at the clock on the wall, "So I can call you whatever I want."

Oh, god. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach, I can feel the lump in my throat.
I can't help feeling horrible for the way I feel about her. I shouldn't feel like this.

Y/N's POV

I like this dynamic we have going on. I've never had such a good experience with a teacher before.

I think back to what Amy said, about me flirting, but I act like that all the time... do I flirt with everyone?
Did I flirt with Natasha just now?

After replaying what I said, I realise now how it must've sounded. But I'm not mad at it. Romanoff has been watching over me for a while, making sure I'm okay and all that.

Oh no, wait, do I like her? That's not gonna be awkward at all.
I should tone it down with the flirting, she's probably just looking out... but she did touch my thigh.

Natasha walks over to her desk and sits down, she looks down at the ground and holds her head in her hands. She's still shaking and I can hear her breathing. It's unsteady.

I walk over to her side and gently tap her on the shoulder,
"Are you okay?" She doesn't look at me, In fact she moves her body away from me. "You can talk to me, I won't judge you or anything."
I sit on the desk, hoping to let her vent.

I watch her hand lift up, and then it stops, it was about to go on my thigh... again.
"Please don't sit there." She says, but it sounds like she's crying. I hop off the desk but I stay by her side.

I hold her hand and and gently touch her chin, directing her face to look at me. Tears are forming in her eyes. As they move down her face, I wipe them away for her.
"What's wrong?" We're so close I can feel the air she breathes on me, something must've happened - maybe something I said reminded her of something bad?

"I'm fine."
"You aren't fine." I see her eyes dart around, she's looking to see if anyone's around.
Her gentle hands reach up and hold my face, she closes her eyes and pulls her face against mine. As our lips meet, I close my eyes too and sink into it. My face starts to heat up and my cheeks turn red. Our bodies are against each other and I can feel her fast heartbeat through her chest, she can certainly feel mine too.

Before I get a chance to move the kiss any further than a peck, she pulls back and moves away from me.
"Oh, god." She says quietly. "I-"
"Don't apologise." I say, "I liked it."

I'm not lying, it was a good kiss. Probably the best I've had. Natasha wipes her tears away.

"You did?"
"Yes. Now, why are you crying?" I say, she laughs.
"You still care about that after what I just did?"
I nod and walk over to her, I gently rub her arms as an attempt to calm her down.
Right now, I'm in shock but I need to appear as composed as possible. Otherwise, she might panic more.

"I really like you, Y/N." She starts, "more than I should." She plays with her necklace.
"I think about you a lot and every time I get to talk to you, I get so happy. But the more time we spend together, alone, the harder it gets to resist admitting it."

She likes me?
"You have... lipstick on you." She points out. I gently hold her shoulders and lean in for another kiss, our lips meet once again. This kiss is different though. Before, it was a peck. This is passion-filled, mixed with hot air and heavy breathing.
I have no idea how long we kissed for, it felt like time didn't matter. Nothing mattered.

When I pull away, I smile and wipe the smudged lipstick from her face.
"You have lipstick on you too."
She smiles and does the same, her tears also stop, thankfully.

I step away from her when I hear footsteps closing in on the classroom, I turn to look at the door and just on cue, Professor Maximoff enters.
"Hey, Nat! I got that candy you were talking- oh sorry, were you two talking?"
"I just left my phone." I quickly say and walk towards the door.

I walk out, but then I turn back around and lean on the doorframe,
"Thank you for the birthday gift, Professor Romanoff."

A/N: I've been thinking a lot about how to do the first kiss, I hope that this satisfies you.