40

Y/N's POV

I start digging into my meal when Natasha reaches under the table into her handbag, she pulls out a rectangle velvet box.
"I got you a gift." She brings it over the table.
"Hmm, that's not the shape of a normal engagement ring box." I smile,
"Ah, not yet, honey." She laughs and hands me the box, "Open it."

I take the small box and hold it, I slowly open it inside,
a key with a small key ring attached, a dog tag engraved with...
'To the home of Natasha Romanoff and Y/N Y/L/N'

I think my heart just exploded.

One day that tag might say Y/N Romanoff or Natasha Y/L/N... I'm getting ahead of myself.

Natasha looks anxious, her eyes are darting between the key and me and her knee is bouncing up and down.
"I'm sorry if you think it's too soon, I just thought that-"
"Natasha, thank you." I grab her hand, she seems instantly calmer. "Thank you for this."
"Oh, thank god, you like it." She holds her hand on her heart and breathes heavily.
"Are you kidding me? This is amazing, Nat." I hold up the key, inspecting it further. Does this mean that she officially invited me into her home? Well, I guess she did that a while ago. And she didn't seem to mind when I would say it was ours, I guess that's why she gave me it.

We both pick up our glasses and clink them together, we lean closer and interlock our arms before downing our drinks. She starts refilling both of our glasses while I put the key in my pocket.
I glance up, Amy and Brad are over in the corner watching, of course they are. I thought it would be Bryce, to be honest.
I'll let them watch, I don't care right now, I'm not letting them ruin this. I just want to spend time with Natasha. Though... I should let her know.

"Honey, I don't want you to freak out, but I may have just spotted Amy and Brad." I say, trying to keep calm as possible.
"What? Are you kidding?" She asks, starting to frantically look around.
"Hey, hey." I lean forward and gently touch her face, keeping her focus on me. "Amy already knows and Brad is a total dumbass, I can deal with it and make sure he doesn't say anything, you don't need to worry."
"Yeah, okay. Okay." She says,
"I wanted to tell you, just so you knew. But it's gonna be okay." I assure her. She nods and we both continue eating.

"I wish we didn't have to hide so much." She says,
"Every day when I go to work, I see you and the first thing I want to do is kiss you and talk to you but I can't."
"6 months, Natasha, and we're free." I smile.
"6 months, just 6 more months." She says, nodding.

Suddenly, her heel is gliding up my leg.
"Did you forget what I just said about my friends watching?" I ask as I keep my focus on my food.
"That's partly why I'm doing it. That, and I'd love to see how worked up I can get you." She smirks,
"Ohh, I see. You want to make them think that your the one that's in control, don't you?"
"Now you're getting it."

"Well, I can't have that." I say, matching her smirk. With how close we are, it's fairly easy to push my foot in between her legs and use it to separate them. Her foot falls from my leg and she looks down at her plate, the simple act of separating her legs has got her flustered.

"Oh, what's wrong, honey?" I tease.
"Nothing." She takes a deep breath and looks back up at me, "Nothing's wrong."
"Great." I hold her hand and continue to eat my steak, she sighs.

"I will get you." She utters,
"When I let you, maybe."
"Oh, please. I've had you under me before. In the shower? Oh, and that time your blister burst?" She says,
"So... 2 out of what? 7?" I say, We both laugh.
"Look, I'm working on it. I still get butterflies when I'm with you." She explains,
"Who said I didn't get butterflies when I'm with you?" I smile.
"That's impossible, I can barely function around you." She explains,
"I'm pretty good at hiding my inner feelings of 'oh-my-god-I'm-in-love', not that I need too, but you know." I respond.

She puts her cutlery on her plate, she's finished her meal. I'm about finished too and so we both down our glasses.
"So, I'm paying." Natasha smiles and reaches for her purse.
"Don't you dare, Nat. I'm the one that planned this, I've been saving up and I want to spend some money on you." I grab my wallet, the waitress walks over with the cheque. I take it and have a look at the price,
"Cash or card?" She asks,
"Cash." I say and hand her the amount, me and Natasha both stand up.

"You don't need to spend money on me." She holds me by my waist as we walk out the door together. I take a quick glance behind us, Amy and Brad are following us.
That's not creepy at all, guys.

"I should not of worn these heels." She says, I turn to her and look at her pulling the heels off her feet.
"You want me to carry you?" I offer,
"Do you mind?" She holds her heels in her hand and climbs on my back. I start walking with her on my back back to her house. I glance to the right, the empty beach. And the sun's starting to set. The sky is turning pink and the water is calm.
"You want to hang on the beach for a bit?" I ask,
"Ooh, yes!"

I carry her over the small border between the pavement and the sand. She hops off my back and walks with me across the sand.
"You look great, you know. You should dress up more often." She tugs on my blazer gently. I turn to look at her.
"You should wear dresses more often, especially ones that I can see your bra through." I point out, she smiles.

"Hey, come here." She says, she walks closer to me and pushes me over into the sand.
"Hey!" I yell. She jogs away from me, I turn around and scoop up some sand, I throw it towards her. It hits her in the back. She turns around and pulls me up out of the sand, she holds me by the waist and I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Dance with me." She whispers,
"We don't have any music." I respond.
"You have a phone, play something and dance with me." She smiles.
"Fine, but it's bold of you to assume that I can dance." I find 'Careless Whisper' on my phone, cheesy, but I think it's fitting and if I played the music I normally listen to - it would be a completely different vibe.
"Just follow my lead, all you've really got to do is sway."

I drop my phone on the sand beneath us, she steps onto my feet, lifting her bare skin from the sand.
"How am I supposed to follow your lead if you're standing on my feet?"
"Shh, just sway." She whispers, we start swaying together to the tune of the music. We both keep our eyes locked on each other as the sun sets behind us - it's like a scene from a movie.

"Careless Whisper? You know what this songs about, right?" She asks as we sway,
"I do, but there's this one part-"
The music gets to a very specific point and I am going to sing along. It's obnoxious, but hey, she'll get a laugh out of it at least.
"- Here it comes..."

"Tonight the music seems so loud, I wish that we could lose this crowd!" I sing along, I spin her, she chuckles and does a flashy spin for me. "Maybe, it's better this way, we'd hurt each other with the things we want to say!"
"We could've been so good together..." she sings along softly, "We could've lived this dance forever."
"But no-ones gonna dance with me!" I absolutely butcher the high note, but who cares, right?
"Please stay." She sings.

"You are ridiculous, Y/N." She laughs and holds me by the waist.
"You can't say that after you sung with me, Nat." I say. She leans into me, hugging me.
"I love you so much." She says. I wrap my arms around her.
"I love you more than you know." I whisper in her ear. She slowly moves back, pushing into a kiss as the golden sky fades behind us.