20

Y/N's POV

I dress in a loose white shirt, black bottoms and a black sweater. Amy walks in, she's already dressed so she must of got ready in the bathroom.
"You used Romanoff's bathroom?" She asks,
"Yeah." I brush through my hair. "And she told us to call her Natasha, remember?"
"Yeah, but it feels kinda weird, don't you think?" Amy asks, she goes to her phone to check if it's charged.
"I like the name." I say, "Obviously, we need to call her Professor Romanoff in school."
She silently nods.

"How are you doing, Amy?" I look at her, she looks up from her phone.
"Honestly, I don't know. I feel safe here, at least. But I also feel like I'm imposing on Romanoff's life."
I walk over to her,
"Listen, Aims. She invited us here, if she didn't want us here - she wouldn't have insisted like she did." I say, "Romanoff is not someone you need to worry about."

She smiles at me,
"When did this happen?", I perk up an eyebrow in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"2 weeks ago, you wouldn't talk to a teacher unless you absolutely have to but now you talk to and about Romanoff as if you've known her forever."
"It sort of feels like I have. She listened to me when I needed it. She helped me when I needed it."
"With what?" Amy questions.
"She talked to me about my parents, you know, the week I came back. It was nice."

Now, she did talk to me about my parents, I didn't exactly open up to her but that doesn't really matter. She still comforted me.
She touched my leg, she basically started this whole thing between us just by asking, 'could you stay late to catch up?' And I'm not complaining, with how affectionate she's been and how good she makes me feel, in multiple ways, I don't regret a thing.

"Girls!" Yelena's voice calls out, "What do you want for breakfast?"
We open the door and walk to the kitchen where she's searching the cupboards.

Oh, it hurts to walk...

"Why don't we go to the cafe for breakfast?" Natasha says as she walks from her room, right on cue.
We all agree and hang out at the cafe before class. Yelena joined us and even had a lengthy argument about her having to walk home so Natasha can drive us back after school. It was pretty entertaining, I'll be honest.

Romanoff's POV

We walk towards my classroom, I'm behind the girls and I can see Y/N struggling - though all things considered, it's only noticeable if your looking for it. I guess she's got used to dealing with pain in these last few weeks, unfortunately.

I lean forward and whisper in her ear as we walk, taking care to make sure Amy can't hear me.
"Are you okay there, doll?" I watch as a smile appears on her face.
"I'm just fine. How are you doing, sweetheart?" She responds in a whisper.

These pet names make me so happy.

I unlock the door to classroom, Wanda starts walking towards us from down the hall,
"Hey, Professor Maximoff." I smile.
"Hey guys. Amy, you've joined the early crew?" She asks, Amy nods and we walk into my classroom.

Wanda leans close to me and whispers,
"What's going on? I saw them both get out of your car?"
She follows me to my desk, I put my bag down and get my laptop out.
"They were going to stay in a hotel and I didn't want them to be alone so I offered to let them stay with me." I explain quietly, she tilts her head.

"Why were they going to stay in a hotel?"
"Jayden made a point of letting them know that he knew where they lived."
Her eyes widen.
"In the meeting? In front of you and Stark and his own mother?" She asks. I nod and unlock my laptop.

"Wow, really? You have a room for them and everything?" She asks,
"Yeah, I had a spare room and they said they didn't mind sharing. It won't be too long, just to make sure they're safe."

The door opens up,

It's that damn Jayden, again. Like we summoned him. Without a second of doubt, I turn to him and demand that he leave.

"Out! Now!"
"I'm allowed on-" He tries to justify himself,
"You aren't welcome on campus, you aren't welcome in classes and you are certainly not welcome anywhere near Amy or Y/N!"
Jayden laughs.
"Romanoff." Y/N calls out, I don't even acknowledge it, if I take my eyes off him, he might try something.

I walk over to Jayden, Wanda grabs my arm to stop me but I push past her.
"Get off campus, now." I say again,
"What are you gonna do if I don't?" He's got this huge smile on his face.
"Whatever I need to."

I can hear Wanda calling my name and Amy calls 'Professor', I can't focus on them though. I physically can't take my eyes of Jayden. Any movement, even just his eyes moving, is my complete focus.
"Really?" He crosses his arms over, "Well, I'm not moving."

I walk closer to him,
"You've got one more chance."
"Before what?" He practically growls at me.
"You're not a student anymore, Jayden. I'll-"

"Natasha!" Y/N's voice calls out, she walks up behind me, finally I turn to look at her. She puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Don't do anything stupid, please." She says softly, almost whispering. "I don't want you to lose your job."

Jayden laughs at us both,
"Aww, you don't want to get your precious teacher in trouble?" He mocks. "What are you gonna do, Romanoff? Hit me?"
"No." I force myself to say, as much as I want to,
Y/N's right, I'd lose my job.
He uncrosses his arms and pushes me back slightly.

Without another second, Y/N swings her fist, clocking him right in the nose. He slams against the door and falls down with his hands over his face.
"Oh my god!" Wanda calls out.

Y/N's POV

Hold up,
what just happened?

I look down, my dominant hand has blood over the bandage, on my knuckles. Jayden's sitting on the ground.
Did I hit him? I'm proud of myself.

"Wanda... call security." Natasha says, Wanda picks up the phone on the desk and dials a number.

"What the fuck, Y/N!" Jayden calls out, "I wasn't going to do anything!"
"Why are you here then?" I respond as Jayden looks to his bloody hands, I burst his nose...
"I just wanted to scare you! You've hurt me enough."

Natasha kneels down next to him and speaks in a harsh lowered tone,
"Scare them? You are so adamant on the fact that you didn't do anything wrong and you're here to scare them?"
"Romanoff, I-"
"I'm not finished talking." She interrupts him. "If you ever do anything even similar to what you did to these girls again..."
She grabs his face and whispers in his ear, I can't hear what she said but by his expression, it wasn't good for him.

"Don't call security... I'll just go." He slowly stands up, he opens the door. "And Jesus, Y/N. That was your bad hand? You hit hard."

Thanks for the compliment, I guess?

Amy walks up behind me,
"Y/N?" I turn to look at her and she hugs into me. "You have no idea how long I've wanted someone to do that."

Maximoff walks over to Natasha and hugs her,
"What did you say to him?"
"It doesn't matter... god, it's only half 8 in the morning and I need a drink." She sighs.
Professor Maximoff laughs, though she seems slightly uncomfortable. Without another word, she walks out of the room.

"I think I need a drink too, and holy fuck that hurt my hand!" Amy pulls away from the hug, content with it.
"You told me you didn't drink." Natasha smirks,
"Oh, I did say that, didn't I?"