32

Romanoff's POV

You know what? Fuck it. Y/N deserves to know. I take my phone away from my ear and put it on speaker. I put it down on the truck bed and stand up to dress myself.
Y/N says nothing, she just quietly dresses herself.

"Go ahead then, apologise." I say bitterly.
"Natasha..." she responds, "Just listen, okay?"
"Fine." I say as I pull my shirt on.
"I know I was being selfish. I forced you to move on years ago." She says, Y/N looks at me with a perked eyebrow, "It was a bad week. It was just all too much and I took it out on you and on Y/N. I never should've expected you to stay single forever, I should be thankful you even stayed as my friend."
I continue dressing myself, just listening like she asked.
"Wait, where are you? I hear birds."
"I thought you were apologising... I haven't heard the words 'I'm sorry' yet." I bite back.
"I know.... I am sorry, Natasha. I just- I couldn't stand to think of you and someone else. I was jealous, even if I have an amazing husband, I was jealous. I think a part of me always will be, but I forced you to move on and you did, I should do the same."

"If you can't stand to think of me and someone else, stop thinking about it. Focus on your work, and your husband and your children. We're just friends now, Wanda." I finish dressing myself and I sit back down next to Y/N, she rubs me on the back gently.
"I should apologise to Y/N too. Is she- is she there with you?"
"Yes, she is." I say, looking at Y/N.
"Does she know about this? What can I say?"
"She knows. Now, at least. You've been on speaker the whole time." I explain. "I bet you didn't expect that from me. You know, since I'm Natasha Romanoff, I've always got something to hide?"

I'm still mad about that. She never did fully trust me, ever.

"I'm sorry about that too." She says quietly, "I was mad and I just said anything I could think of, I didn't mean that."
"Yes you did." I respond, "You meant every word. If you're going to apologise, at least tell the truth. You've never trusted me, I wish I knew why."
Tears start to form in my eyes, but as one rolls down my cheek, Y/N wipes it away and smiles at me. She's so comforting. It just hurts so much, one of my only friends doesn't even trust me.
"Don't cry, darling." She says softly, holding my face.
"You're crying?" Wanda asks,
"Friends are supposed to trust each other, Wanda." I try my best to hold back my tears but I can't, Y/N hugs into me, holding me as I cry.
"Natasha, I-"
"Don't." Y/N says sternly.

I'm so glad she stepped in. She always seems to know what to say, she always knows how to cheer me up... and she's the only person who's ever fully trusted me. Even Yelena has her doubts about me, though most of those are fair.

"Y/N, is she alright?" Wanda asks,
"I'm sorry, Wanda, but me and Natasha are actually pretty busy at the moment. It's our date night and neither of us appreciate you ruining it. Could you call back another time?" Y/N responds, "Or y'know, don't. Either works really."
Wanda falls silent for a while, but she hasn't hung up.

"I'm sorry, Natasha, I really am."
I can't say anything, I can't stop the tears. I never wanted Y/N to see me like this again, I wish I could stop.
"Hang up, Maximoff." Y/N demands,
"I'm sorry." Wanda says again before she hangs up.

I wrap my arms around Y/N as tightly as I can.
"It's okay, Nat. I'm here." She says softly, holding me. She can switch her attitude like a light switch, seconds ago she sounded like she was about to punch someone again and now, she's the sweetest thing ever.
"Thank you, Y/N."
"Don't thank me, it's okay." She says, I pull away from the hug. She wipes my tears for me again. She's the only person I've ever been able to be so vulnerable with. When I was vulnerable with Wanda, I'd always try my best to hide it. I'd say I was fine and just try to move on. But with Y/N, I can be honest.

"I'm sorry, I-"
"You have nothing to be sorry about." She cuts me off,
"Yes I do, you shouldn't have to deal with this. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me and Wanda."
"You had no reason to tell me about it."
I wipe my eyes and sit back against the side of the truck.
"I bet that was a mood killer." I say, laughing.
"I can't complain, I told you to answer the phone." She smiles and strokes my hair.

"Are you gonna be okay?" She asks.
"Yeah. I'll be okay." I smile, "I just- me and Wanda were over a long time ago, I just want you to know that."
"Natasha, I trust you and I love you. You don't need to keep explaining yourself to me. I got everything I needed to know about it from that call, you don't need to tell me anything else."

She trusts me and she loves me.
I pull her into a kiss, pushing my weight onto her, she falls back onto the blankets and I fall on top of her.
"I do have one question though..." she says with a smirk. "You said to Maximoff that you both knew that your not the only one who's had some personal time in their classroom..."
I know where this is going, and I don't blame her for asking.
"Did you two fuck in your classroom?"
She has this huge smile on her face, she's not at all bothered by this, it seems that she loves hearing about my past.
"We didn't... we fucked in her classroom." I smile at her, "and there's probably no record of it anymore, it was years ago."
"How long ago?"
"About 6 years." I say, "I didn't really expect it to ever be mentioned again."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks,
"I don't know." I lay back. "I haven't talked about it at all, ever."
"Well, you can talk about it now, if you want. I won't say anything to anyone." She takes my hand, "Or, if you'd rather not. You don't have to."

"I want to talk about it." I say, "But I need you to bare with me."
"Of course, I will."