59

Romanoff's POV

Work is long and boring. It feels like I've been trapped in these walls for years. I guess, in a way, I have been.
Annoying students, annoying co-workers too. I can't even walk into the staff room without getting judgemental looks. But let's be honest, I think every single teacher in that room would want her too if they knew her.

Wanda made every attempt possible to try and talk to me, but I completely ignored her the whole time. I'm done with her, we're not friends now.
Amy tried to talk to me too, asking me about Y/N. I knew they had an argument too so I gave bare minimum answers or completely avoided her questions.

When I get home, Y/N's sitting at the kitchen counter on her laptop. She's got some clear frame blue-light glasses on and she's dressed pretty casually, just a hoodie and some loose matching bottoms.

"I got you coffee!" I say excitedly, walking over to her with two coffee cups.
"Thanks." She smiles, taking her cup from me and drinking from it.
"What are you doing?" I ask, looking at her laptop.
"Dropping out of university, what about you?" She says casually.
"Are you sure? You can't go back on that once you do it." I say, she has so much potential and I don't want her to waste it.

"I think I might apply to a different university, and try get into a teaching course." She says, "Hopefully my grades will be good enough that I don't have to pull from a bottomless wallet for it."
"I could always pay for it." I kiss her gently on the cheek.
"Absolutely not." She turns her head and meets my lips. We both move away pretty quickly though.
"Coffee breath, huh?" She asks, taking another drink.
"Exactly."

I walk to the living room, all the beer bottles we left the night before are gone. I had planned on cleaning them when I got back but I guess Y/N took care of them.
"You didn't have a hangover at work today?" She asks,
"Oh, I definitely did. I'm just good at hiding it. I've spent a long time drinking when I should be working." I say, she turns to me with a concerned face.
"A long time? Is it like, an issue?" She stands up and walks over to me.

I smile and laugh,
"Don't worry. It's just the occasional drink now. It was bad for a while but I got it sorted out." I grab her hands and sway with her gently, reassuring her.
"Good." She leans in and kisses my cheek.
"Kiss me on the lips." I groan, trying to reach for her face.
"I will once you finish your disgusting coffee." She walks back to her laptop.
"You really don't like it, huh?"
"I'll deal with it because it's you." She smiles, pulling me into a heavy kiss. After a long day, it's so worth it.

Every second I'm not with her, I miss her. Even if we're just a room away, it's like I physically can't function without her. After all this time, I still get butterflies. She could give me a smile and give me butterflies, in fact, all she has to do is look my way.

Y/N's POV

I pull away from the kiss slowly but her arms hold onto me. She doesn't want me to let go, so I don't. She pulls me into a hug.
"Are you okay, Nat?" I ask softly,
"I'm fine, it was just a really long day."
"You want to talk about it?" I ask as she pulls away from the hug.
"Not really, not right now."

"I told your mother that we'd arrange a meet up at some point soon." She says,
"You met my mom?"
"She came here last night to check on you while you were drunk." Natasha explains, I nod and walk over to the couch, we both sit down together and Natasha turns on the TV. She puts her arm around me and her head on my shoulder.

"We should tell my mom before someone else does." I say with a sigh,
"That I'm your teacher?" She asks,
"Was my teacher."
"Well, I may have told her I was 25 last night. So..." Natasha gives me an awkward smile. I stroke her hair behind her ear, like she loves to do to me, and I give her a little kiss on the cheek.
"That's okay, we'll figure it out."
"Will we though?" Natasha says, turning to me, "Every time we've said that to each other, it gets worse."

"Maybe we should stop saying it then and just be together." I suggest, she nods and kisses my forehead, she drops her body onto me. I wrap my arms around her.
"Maybe I should try get a job at a different school too, somewhere no-one knows me."
"What happens if we end up at the same school
though, we're just back where we started." I joke,
"If that happened, we'd do it right this time." She responds with a smile.

"What? Learn from our mistakes and shit?" I ask, she nods softly and kisses my neck a few times.
"Exactly. Maybe we don't have sex in our classroom and we don't ask our friends to get us reservations at restaurants, and we don't say anything about each other." Natasha then pushes her head into my neck and rests it there.
"That's if we both actually get accepted into the university." I say. "I need to wait on Stark responding to my email."

"He'll probably pull you into a meeting about it all, try to talk you out of it... or maybe he'll try to convince you to do it." Natasha says quietly. "Can you cook tonight, Angel? I'm really tired."
"Of course, what do you want?" I ask,
"What about some of that soup you said that you could make?"