56

Romanoff's POV

Wanda takes the note from my hand and puts it down on the counter. She's close to me, too close.
"Natasha?" She says, "Do you regret how things went with us?" She brushes some hair behind my ear and breathes heavily on my neck.
"Don't you dare, Wanda." I turn away from her and step back.
"What? I'm just asking."

"My girlfriend steps out for five minutes and you try to make a move?" I say while I keep my distance from her.
"You don't have a girlfriend, Nat! You have a fling!" She says, almost as if she's offended.
That hurt. Y/N is my girlfriend, I love her more than anything else in the world.
"She's not a fling, Wanda! She is the most important thing in my life! She is my life!"
"Whatever, it was just a question! You know, like when we used to talk all the time." She says.

"You're gonna ask a question like that that after sleeping with Y/N's best friend?"
"What?" She steps back. "How did you know?"
"It was obvious, Wanda! What happened?"
"I wanted to comfort you, but I know you wouldn't let me! Amy and I both needed a release from dealing with you and Y/N's drama! It just happened!"

"How can you have no respect for anyone else? You cheated on your husband with Y/N's best friend because you couldn't get with me? What is it, revenge?" I raise my voice, "You weren't hurting me when you slept with Amy, you hurt her and you hurt her relationship with Y/N."

"Natasha, I have made so many mistakes but the biggest one I ever made was letting go of you! I just wish you would listen!" She pleads.
"Get out, Wanda. I'm done with this!"
"Wait, just wait! I- I'm leaving Vision!" She yells.
"I don't care." I respond.

"Amy was just there, it didn't mean anything and... I want you!" Wanda exclaims to me, she's crying.
"And what about what I want? Who I want?" I respond, keeping my voice raised and my tone harsh.

Y/N's POV

"Oh god." I say, walking in the kitchen to see Natasha and Wanda arguing. All I heard was Natasha yelling 'who I want', and quite frankly, I'm terrified.

Natasha walks over to me and hugs me, her hand reaches up to my head and pulls me into her warm embrace. Her entire body is tense, but I can feel it beginning to ease as I wrap my arms around her.

Natasha pulls away from the hug but stays close, she leans into me slowly. I look up from the ground, meeting her gorgeous green gaze but she looks... tired, almost. One of her hands plants on my waist, the other moves slowly up to my cheek. Her thumb softly drags over my skin, comforting me. Her face starts moving closer to mine, her head tilting just enough to press our lips together perfectly. As she holds me, I can feel the final piece of stress leaves her body. She catches my lower lip in between her teeth, she pulls it back slightly and then pushes into the kiss again. She takes her time in pulling away, both of us basking in every moment of it.

"Angel..." she says softly, "You love me, right?"
"Of course, I love you." I say without even a second of doubt. She puts her forehead against mine and releases a deep sigh.

"Natasha..." Wanda interrupts, "We've got to get back to work." We both turn to look at her as she's wiping tears from her face.
"You go. I'm staying here." Natasha says, looking back to me.
"You'll lose your job." Maximoff exclaims, Natasha keeps her hands on me, she barely even looks at Wanda.
"I'd rather lose my job than Y/N. I know that now." She says, still stroking my face with her thumb. Wanda sighs and pushes past us, she walks out of the house and slams the door shut.

"I'm so sick of all of this." I utter, holding Natasha close. "I just want to be happy for longer than a day."
She guides me to the couch, we both sit down and she pulls my head onto her lap, gently stroking my hair.
"I always have an amazing time with you and then something has to come along and ruin it! I just want to be with you." I say as the tears start to form in my eyes. "You should- you should go back to work, I don't want you lose your job."
"I'm not leaving you here." She pulls me up from her lap and into another hug.

"I just need to ask, it keeps replaying in my mind and I'd hate myself if I stayed quiet." I start, wiping my eyes. "When we were apart, you and Wanda didn't do... anything, right?"
"Of course not, I haven't felt that way for Wanda for over 6 years. She tried something, I'll admit. But I shut her down quickly." She says,
"Why are you still friends with her if she keeps trying things?" I ask, she shakes her head.
"I don't know, I guess I'm just scared of losing another person." She sighs, "But I promise you, I didn't do anything with anyone."

"Then what about the mirror?" I ask with a small smile,
"That was just for me... you didn't sleep with anyone while we apart either, right?" She asks, still holding me.
"I only moved to get food, there was nothing else." I explain, "Also, I didn't give you permission to do that." I say jokingly, the mirror was 'just for her', after all.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Your Majesty!" She calls out sarcastically, "Please forgive me for getting off to the thought of you!"
We both laugh. It helps me feel a bit better, being here in her arms, laughing and joking with her.
"You really should go back to work though." I say again, I love her being here, but I really don't want her to lose her job.
"I told you, Angel. I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't think I have any friends anymore...Just Bryce" I mutter, so quietly that she can't hear me.
"What did you say?" She asks,
"Brad was laughing with everyone else and... Amy and I had an argument, even though that should've happened a long time ago."
"I should have never pushed you to go back, I'm sorry." Natasha speaks softly.

"I think I'm just going to drop out." I sigh,
"Think about it for a little bit, it's a big decision." She says, I nod. "In the meantime, why don't we have a few drinks and watch some movies?"
"You just aren't going back to work at all today?" I sit up more and look over to her.
"I'd rather be here."