Part-7

SOLENNE'S POV

I looked at the Vampire Queen bewildered not knowing what to make of this. "Why?" I asked.

"What do you mean by why?" She asked. "Why are you giving a room in your palace to someone trying to kill you?" I asked and she said. 

"Because I don't like to go to the dungeon it's disgusting down there and you smell and look like shit. You should take a bath too" she said.

"Are you not afraid that I'll kill you in your sleep or something?" She chuckled at this and walked out. 

She was not completely out of the room when I picked up a knife from the fruit basket and running towards her but in an instant. 

My back was pressed against her front. She held my hand with one and my other hand in her other and said "You won't be able to even if you tried to" I could feel her breath on my ear.

She threw me away and I collided with the wall falling down. I heard her lock the door. I got up grunting because of the pain and actually took a look around the room.

It was a small room with no windows to escape. There was also a bathroom attached and some fruits on a table.

It was not the grandest room I've seen but not the worst either. It was liveable. But I wonder why she cared? No, she didn't. She only put me here because it's more secure than that rusty dungeon and because she didn't want to come there to torture me like she said.

I sighed and decided to take a shower. As I was covered with vampires dried blood. 

I took a long needed shower. I walked out of the bathroom and looked around the room to found something to wear. I noticed a small cupboard and opened it. 

There were a few shirts in there and a few trousers. I decide to put it on and had some fruits as I have not eaten what that Vampire Queen brought me.

After eating I laid on the bed looking at ceiling since I had nothing else to do. 

I heared the lock opening, someone walked in and I sat up to look at the person. 

It was Valerie. She looked at me a bit shocked. "You certainly clean up nice" she said walking towards me.

"So I've been told" I said. She sat on the edge of the bed. "You scored yourself a room" she said looking at me. But I didn't said anything else.

"Let's talk" she said sitting by my side. "Okay, but this time I'll ask questions" I said. 

"How about we take turns?" She suggested and I nodded. "First me, how were you able to kill so many of highly trained Vampires?" She asked.

"Do you really think I'll answer that?" I challenged. "Rules of the game. You answer my questions and I'll answer yours, no matter what the question is" she said

"Okay then first answer mine than I'll answer yours" I said she thought about it for a moment and then nodded.

"What is the Queen going to do about rebellion?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow at this.

"You know about it" she mused. "Yes, I know so answer me" she thought for a moment and then said "She is thinking of calling a meeting with leaders of rebels to see if anything can be done about it"

"Okay, and to answer your question. I've been training for past 15 years and I've trained with many type of people that's why I was able to do it" I said.

"Even then it's not possible" she said "what do you mean?" I asked. "Nothing, your turn" 

"What if the leaders of rebel do not agree to her decisions? What will she do then?" I asked.

"I think you too know the answer to that question" she said. 

My jaw clenched but I nodded. "What's the reason for you to try to kill the Queen?" She asked.

"I'm sorry but I can't answer that at least not now" I said. "But the rules?" She mused.

"You can ask me something else" I suggested. "Have you ever had a vampire friend?" She asked.

"On the contrary, I have many. They are true friends and they've also help me train" I said.

"They did?" She asked surprised. "Yeah, they did". "Who are they?" She asked.

"Nice trick, but I'm not stupid enough to give out there names" I said. "A girl can try" she said and walked out of the room.