Part-49

Solenne's POV

Next day, I woke up to knocking on the door of my room. I opened the door and Arina was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Get your sword. We are under attack" she said. Walking in my room.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I went to the closet to get some appropriate clothes. " A spy of mine has told me that an army of rebels is Marching towards palace"

"But they will not be able to go against royal army, so why?" I asked. "Evelyn knows this but what I don't know is why would she attack the palace when she's still here?" Arina said.

We entered the courtroom and Vierra and Luke were already there along with Evelyn. I looked at Arina and she met my gaze.

"Looks like everyone here trust this human a lot" Evelyn said looking at me. " Valerie have you sent anyone else to confirm?" Vierra asked ignoring her.

"Yes, and they have returned with the same news" Valerie replied. "How long would it take for them to get here?" Evelyn asked.

Valerie scowled but still replied "Less than 6 hours". "Let's discuss, strategy then" Vierra said.

"Do you know how many of the rebels are there?" I asked. "Like a rough estimate" I added. "Maybe a couple hundreds" Valerie said.

"Then how about we attack first?" Evelyn said and all of us turned to her. "They are obviously prepared for attack but not for defence and besides it's better to catch them off guard then to wait here for their arrival"

"But it has a serious risk. We can't leave the palace empty. Even if we leave a few soldiers behind it's still not safe" Arina said with a scowl.

"How about we combine the two methods?" Vierra said and both of them fell silent. "Royal army consists of 1500 men. How about we take 700 men with us and leave the rest here?"

"That can be effective but someone has to stay here" I said. "Arina, I want you to stay here. Handle the things until I get back"

"No, I want to go. Besides it's much safe for you to stay here. We can't loose our Queen" Arina said.

"We can't play safe at this moment. Since the things have gotten to this so I have to take care of it" Vierra replied.

"But.." Vierra interrupted "I'm not asking for suggestions, we are already short on time. Valerie make the preparations, we are leaving now"

"Yes, your Majesty" Valerie said and walked out of the room. "Solenne, I want you help Valerie prepare the army and send a message to Nikolas so that can attack from the behind. I'm sure they will not expect it" I nodded and walked out of the room.

"Solenne wait" Arina said walking towards me and I stopped and turned to look at her expectedly. "I have never asked anything from you but can you do me a favor?" Arina asked nervously.

"What is it?" I asked. "I know you're confused about Vierra but please stay by her side in the battle and protect her for me" she said with tears in her eyes.

For a minute, I was speechless. "I...." She interrupted and said "please for me". "Okay, I will bring her back to you safe and sound from this battle".

"That's all I ask" Arina said and walked away.

I went to the training grounds where Valerie was preparing soldiers for the battle. I helped her.

After a few hours, we left for the battle. Valerie, Vierra and I were riding side by side leading the army to attack. The rebellion was lead Duke Lucas. I was shocked to say the least. He is the type of man you would expect the least to do something courageous.

Soon the battle started, and everyone fought with all of their might. In the middle of the fight, I looked at Vierra to see her already fighting two vampires at the same time.

I was several feets away from her. All of a sudden, I noticed Lucas inching toward her from the back.

I ran towards Vierra as he raised his sword and 'strike' blood dripped to the ground and I collapsed unconscious.

Time skip.

I woke up with a light headache. I looked around and noticed that I was in Vierra's room.

I tried to get up but hissed at the pain I felt on my side. I was about to fall down on the bed when a pair of hands wrapped around me.

"Easy there" I looked up and it was Vierra. She helped me sit straight. "What happened to the battle?" I asked.

"We won" she said as she poured some water in a glass. She handed it to me and I took some sips.

She sat next to me and cupped my cheek, I looked at her "why did you risked your life for me?" She asked and I looked away.

Before I could say anything. Arina, Valerie and to my surprise Evelyn walked in. "Thank God, you're up" Valerie said looking at me while Arina didn't say anything.

"What is she doing here?" I asked looking at Evelyn. "Hate me that much?" She asked while I looked at Vierra.

"Evelyn was never involved with rebellion. She was our double agent with the rebels" Vierra explained.

"Then why didn't you tell me? I asked. "Because you thinking she was involved served our purpose well. Everyone thought that she was captured by us. That's why the other rebels attacked us thinking I got everything out of Evelyn about them" Vierra said. "Oh okay" I said.