Part-16

Vierra's POV

Next Morning

I was overlooking the preparation for the arrival of nobles. I finished things and was notified of the arrival of Duke of Vervon.

"Duke Lucas" I greeted. "My Queen" he said kissing my hand. Soon after him more and more nobles started to arrive.

In the evening, A few hours before the feast walked to Solenne's room. I knocked on the door and went in. "I prepared a dress for you for the night" I said.

"I'm much more comfortable in my armor" she said. "If you want to really want to deal with rebellion, then you've to change yourself according to the place and time. You need to be adaptable. So I suggest you dress the part during this feast" I said.

She starred at me but nodded. "Come in" I said and Alyssa walked in with a gown.

"Wear this for the night" I said and Solenne just kept staring at the gown. "Is there any problem?" I asked looking at her.

"I've never wore a gown" she said her face was a little red with embarrassment. "It's okay, Alyssa will help you get ready" I said and she nodded.

I walked out of the room to deal with other things.

Few Hours Later

I walked to Solenne's room to check on her. I knocked on the door and went in. I looked at her and stopped. She truly was looking beautiful.

After a moment, I caught myself and cleared my throat "Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes, I am" she said. "Okay now, try not to pick fight with anyone. In any condition, give preference to your wit than fist. We want to create a positive image of humans to Vampires. Do you understand?" She nodded.
"Let's go" I said and got out of the room. I heared her following me.

We entered the ball room and all eyes went to us. I took advantage of this moment of attention and said "I've called you all here to talk about the rebellion of the south. As you all know it is Arising and need to be dealt with. We'll talk about it in the meeting tomorrow. As for tonight, enjoy" I finished and everyone cheered.

Solenne's POV

Vierra finished her speech, when a vampire approached us which I recognize her as the Duchess of Volvox.

"My Queen" she greeted Vierra. "Will you introduce me to this magneficient women?" She said referring to me.

"Of course, This is Solenne. She's going to help us deal with rebellion from the side of humans. And this is…"

I interrupted her and said "Alina, duchess of Volvox" Vierra seemed impress by the knowledge.

"That's right. Pleasure to meet you" the duchess said holding her hand out for me. "Pleasure is all mine" I said taking her hand giving it a firm shake and releasing it.

"So, Solenne what do you think of the rebellion of humans?" She asked. By this time a lot of people had gathered around us waiting for my answer.

"I think it's natural. As the humans have always ruled on the Earth so it's difficult for them to digest the fact that another species take over not a single continent but half of the Earth. It'll take time for all of the humans to accept this fact" I said and everyone went silent.

"What do you think about the rebellion of vampires, Duchess Alina?" I asked. "I think that they are right to a certain extent. Humans have ruled on the Earth for centuries and have only contributed to it's distruction. So, now it's time for vampires to take over the earth"

"Yeah, that's right" someone from the crowd said. "It's about time, we take control" another person said.

Vierra didn't say anything, wanting to see how I'll handle this situation. "Don't you think that's unfair? To want to rule on all of the Earth and not giving humans equal rights?" I asked.

"How is it unfair? Vampires were also never given any rights till we took them by force. Was it not unfair to us at that time?" A man asked whom I recognized as Duke of Luan, a place named after his name.

"Well, Humans didn't even know about the existence of Vampires till 20 years ago. They considered vampires as a myth. And when Vampires got themselves known they got their right didn't they?" I asked.

"That's right. When Vampire announced that they want a part of Earth for themselves as a separate species. Many of the leaders of humans agreed" someone said whom I think is a Viscount.

Soon the murmurs started to rise from all sides of the room. "That's enough talk about official matters for tonight. Let's enjoy" Vierra said and everyone went away enjoying the night.

There were servants taking rounds in the room with glasses full of blood. I took a glass of champagne and sat in a chair.

Luke came walking and sat next to me. "You look stunning tonight" he said sitting next to me. "Thank you" I smiled lightly.

"You handled that gracefully, and like a wise leader. I'm proud of you" he said looking at me. I just smiled in response.

After that I talked with several nobles and making an impression. And trying to sort things out.

At night I went to my room and Changed out of that awful gown. I've to say it is extremely uncomfortable. 
I went to sleep as soon as my head hit pillow.