Part-26

Chapter 26

Next day,

We started our journey again. We were riding in silence when Arina said "Have you ever been in love?" And I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Where did that come from?" She just shrugged and continued moving. "Nowhere, I'm just bored" I too started moving and sighed "If you really want to know then the answer is no" I said.

"What about you? Do you have a lover?" I asked and Arina visibly blushed "There is someone I like" she said and I became curious "Who is it?"

"Why would I tell you?" She said and I  rolled my eyes. "Okay, is it someone I know?"

"Yeah" she said. "Now I'm curious about who could it be?" I said.

"Why is this conversation revolving only around me? Tell me something about yourself too" she said annoyed.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I asked. "Since you've never been in love does it mean you've never…?" She trailed off and I rolled my eyes.

"You know you can directly ask me if I'm a virgin or not, right?" I said and there was a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Whatever. So, are you?" She said  and I smirked "I don't know. Am I?"

"Ah, go to hell I'm not talking to you" she said increasing the pace of her horse. "Hey, stop. To answer your question no I'm not" I said and she slowed down.

"Okay" she said and we continued our journey occasionally having conversation.

After a few days we reached Vampire Empire.

The gates of the palace opened and we walked in. Vierra and Luke were standing there to welcome us.

"I hope the journey wasn't too bad" Vierra said looking at us. "No it was alright" Arina responded smiling and hugged Vierra.

I saw her tense a little and but she still hugged her back. After that Arina hugged Luke.

And I too hugged him. "I am happy to see you return in one piece" Luke said smirking and I rolled my eyes but still there was a smile on my face.

"Both of you, go and get some rest. After that we can discuss all the matters" Vierra said and Arina replied "Yeah" and I just walked off.

Even though I know about her past but she still killed my family. She can't blame me for not being fond of her.

I spent the rest of the evening resting at night I went to the Council room and everyone was there except for Vierra.

I walked and sat besides Arina without thinking. Both Valerie and Luke raised an eyebrow. And that's when I realized how it must have looked to them as both of us were barely able to stop ourselves from killing each other the last time they saw us and now I sat besides her.

"How have you been Valerie?" I asked and she smiled. "I'm good. Tell me about yourself. Something happened?" She said hinting between me and Arina.

"Maybe" I said smirking. And unexpectedly Arina said "Oh, shut up or else I'll puke" quite annoyed might I add.

I turned towards her curiously but before I could say anything Vierra walked in. Everyone stood up in respect and I sighed and stood up too.

Everyone turned to me with wide eyes, even Vierra raised an eyebrow. Uh! I'm never doing it again.

"Let's start" Vierra said sitting and motioning us to sit-down as well.

"So, what was the answer from humans?" Vierra asked. And I turned to Arina silently asking if she wants to answer. But she motioned for me to answer. I nodded and turned towards Vierra.

"Well, they agreed to help for now. As longs as theirs something for them they'll help you. But the leader wants to meet you" I said and she nodded.

"That's acceptable and I'll meet them" she said.

"What about you? Did you have any success with rebels here?" Arina asked.

I noticed everyone visibly tense except for me and Arina, which told me things didn't go as planned here.

"Unfortunately no, the meeting was a trap to kill me" Vierra said looking at the table her brows furrowed.

"Fortunately, we thought that it was not safe for Vierra to go their herself so l and Valerie went with few soldiers. They thought that Vierra was with us and attacked us. Only I and Valerie were able to survive" Luke finished.

"So, it means we need to deal with these rebels" I said and Vierra looked at me and said "Yes"