Part 33

The next few days passed in a blur as we were trying to gather all type of Intel on rebellion.

I walked through the palace hallways and to a room's door. I knocked on the door. "Come in" a voice came from inside. I walked in and was greeted by Luke sitting on his desk surprisingly doing some paperwork.

"I never thought there would be a day when I would see you doing royal duties" I joked and he sighed extravagantly.

"What can I say? Vierra can be very persuasive when she wants to be" he replied.

"Anyways, to what do I owe the pleasure to have you here" Luke asked.

"I just wanted to talk". "About?" He asked with raised eyebrows. "About.... No one can hear our conversation in this room, right?" I asked.

He raised a brow and said "Only if you're away from the door" that explains, how Vierra was able to listen in on our conversation last time I was here.

I moved away from the door and sighed "So...?" Luke asked. "I wanted to talk about .... actually me" I said. "And what do you mean by that?" He asked.

"I assume you listened the argument I had with Vierra few days ago" I said and he nodded encouraging me to go on.

"She said that since I know I'm a huntress I could've killed her by now, but..." I trailed off.
"But?" He asked.

"She asked me why haven't I killed her yet" I said sighing. "And why haven't you?" He asked calmly.

"I.... don't know that's something I've been trying to figure out" I said slumping in a chair.

"You know both Vierra and You are more identical than you think" he said and I frowned in distaste.

"Both of you could've killed each other but neither of you has. At the same time, both of you are trying to figure out why" he said politely.

"Oh really? Then what do you think is the reason, Mr. Know it all" I said sarcastically. "No one can answer it for you. It's something you need to figure out for yourself" he said.

"Why did I come to you in the first place? You just ended up making things more complicated for me" I said annoyed getting up from the chair.

Luke just smiled and this irritated me more than anything and I walked out of his room. I decided to take a walk around the palace to gather my thoughts.

As I was taking a walk in the palace. I saw Vierra standing by empty training grounds.

Without thinking much, I stood by her side. Stupid move, I know.

"Why are you not sleeping it's late?" She asked breaking the silence. "I don't know. Didn't feel like sleeping"

She looked at me and I unconsciously searched her eyes for some kind of answer. As if she can provide it to me without me needing to ask and her needing to speak. I must have been staring for a while now cuz she raised an eyebrow.

I cleared my throat and said "why are you standing here?". "I don't know. Just felt like it" she countered and the corner of my lips slightly curved.

"Where did you learn to fight?" I asked. And she looked at me with a raised eyebrow like she didn't expected that question.

"I learned from my... My father" she said the end of her sentence barely above a whisper. I noticed her sudden grim expression.

"Exactly how many years ago? Because I know you're antique" I said and she looked at me amused "I'll take that as a compliment because antiques are worth millions"

I rolled my eyes at her and said "You didn't answer my question". "I learned when I was 17"

"Over 1100 years of practice. No wonder you're impossible to touch" I said slightly annoyed.

"It's not only training that makes me impossible to touch" she said and I looked at her with an expression that said 'please elaborate'

"It's because I'm the Queen" she said. "So, the power comes from the title?" I asked. "Part of it"

"So how will I be able to defeat you in a spar" I asked. And she chuckled "You can't". "And why is that?" I asked annoyed.

"Because only a hunter can kill me head on" she said looking at me almost as if testing me.

"Seems simple enough, only thing I need to do is become a huntress" I said. "Right" she said slightly smiling.

"Why are you smiling like that? I know how to turn, you know" I said slightly annoyed. "I have no doubt that you do" she said still smiling.

"Then why are you smiling like that?" I asked irritated. "No reason" she said turning ahead.

"You do know that I can kill you right?" . "I know" Vierra replied. This just irritated me more and I walked away feeling very much annoyed.