Part-32

A/N: A long chapter! Tell me your thoughts on the story or if you've any opinions about where should the story go from here on. I'll be waiting.

Yours Truly,

Leo_Lucky

_______

"It's not you're not being honest" I said and she sighed. "Tell me something, why hasn't you killed me yet?" She asked and I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You know you're a huntress and that you can kill me. I'm assuming you have known it from a long time so, why haven't you killed me yet?"

"I.. I..." I started but couldn't complete the sword fell out of my hand with a thud and I walked away.

I don't know what to do? Or what to think? Does Vierra really doesn't want to kill me? I don't know. And I don't know what to believe.

I was sitting on the tree where Valerie took me. I was deep in my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up and it was Arina. I didn't say anything and turned my head towards the sky. She sighed and sat besides me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. I looked at her for a split second and said "Confused. I don't know what to think anymore"

"It's okay to feel confused sometimes" she replied but I didn't say anything. "Do you want me to help you sort this confusion out?"

"How can you help me?" I asked a bit irritated. "I can offer you another percepective" she suggested.

"Vierra's your sister you're just gonna defend her" I said. "Well, you can't be sure at least give me a chance"

I sighed "Why do you think Vierra didn't kill me?" I asked. "Hasn't she already sorted that confusion out for you?" Arina asked raising a brow.

"Come on, don't tell me you believe her didn't want to kill me shit" I said annoyed. "Why do you think it's shit?"

"Oh hell, have you ever actually met your sister? She don't do things without solid reasons and she certainly doesn't show mercy. She's not one of those people who would just spare someone's life because they felt like it" I said angrily and she just looked at me silently listening to everything I had to say.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked suddenly very much aware of her gaze.

"Nothing" she said looking ahead. "Do you remember the first time we met?" She asked out of the blue.

"Yes, how can I forget how much you hated me back then" I said slightly teasing her. She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Back then, I suggested Vierra to kill you" she said looking slightly guilty. "Well, no surprise there" I said and she glared at me.

"You know back then she told me that she can't kill you because she want to use you to fight rebellion" she said.

"And?" I asked. "And I know she lied back then. I know my sister at least this much to know when she's lying"

"Then what do you think her reason was?" I asked with my brows furrowed. "She had no reason like she said she didn't want to kill you and she kind of wasn't ready to accept that fact. But.." she trailed off.

"But?" I asked impatiently. "But I think she has accepted the fact now and made peace with it. So, she's telling you the truth" she said and got up.

She held her hand out for me to take and said "Now, let's go and get something inside us. I don't know about you but I'm very hungry" I took it and we went to kitchen.

Next day,

I went to the palace library and started reading to sort my thoughts out. After trying for a long time and not being able to focus, I gave up.

I closed the books and was about to leave when I noticed Vierra sitting at a table that was well hidden in a corner.

She was going over some papers, probably related to rebellion and Vampire Empire.

Why haven't I killed her yet? Is there some reason? I could have killed her by now. She didn't know that I know, I'm a huntress. Then why? What is happening to me?

I was in my own world when a hand on my shoulder brought me back to this world. "Look, whose staring at our Queen" Arina said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked and she motioned with her eyes and I realized I really was staring for a while now.

"I'm glad she hasn't noticed yet" I said. "I doubt that, unlike you she's very much aware of her surroundings" she said and I glared at her.

"Let's get out of here" I said taking a last glance at Vierra, right at this moment Vierra looked up and our eyes locked, I suddenly felt a burst of embarrassment hit me and I walked out.