Part-46

At the night,

I was very curious about this Evelyn as I've yet to see her and Vierra is also missing since the morning.

I decided to go to Valerie to find if she knows anything about Vierra. She was in the training grounds, training with the soldiers.

"Hey, can I steal you for a moment?" I asked walking to her. "Yeah, of course" Valerie said getting away from the soldier she was sparing with.

"What is it?" She said walking away with me from the training grounds. "Do you know about this Evelyn that arrived in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do. But didn't Vierra tell you about her?" I asked. "No, she just mentioned that she suspects her and then she went to Evelyn's room and I haven't seen her since"

Her brows furrowed and she said "Vierra and Evelyn used to... You know" she said nervously chewing her lower lip.

"What is it?" I asked confused. "Well they...." Before she could continue. We saw Vierra walking towards us while A lady who I assume to be Evelyn clinging to her arm.

All of a sudden, I felt extremely upset. Like I didn't want to look at Vierra at that particular moment. I averted my gaze and hoped my very best that last night.... The kiss meant something to Vierra as well.

But looking at the smile she had and as the girl talked animatedly to her told me otherwise and I felt hurt. Suddenly, the girl pulled Vierra in for a kiss and Vierra responded to it. I wanted to look away but couldn't. It felt like my whole being was screaming at me for thinking of Vierra as someone who would care.

Hell! She doesn't even care about her own sister. I felt like my whole world was laughing at me, for being so naive.

After a while, they pulled away, walked up to us and stopped. "Who is she, Your Majesty?" The girl asked. Vierra looked at me and for a second, I thought that her expression changed to regret but I guess it was just my imagination.

"She is just one of the soldiers" Vierra said without sparing me a second glance and walking away with Evelyn.

Once they were far enough Valerie turned to me and said "Are you okay?". "That was Evelyn right?" I asked, but she didn't say anything and avoided my eyes.

"I should get going. I have something to deal with in the city" I said and walked towards the palace gates.

I went to the travern where I frequently used to go.  I entered and the owner greeted me. "Hey, fella. How ya doing?"

"Fine" I replied not being in the mood. Fortunately, he is one of the people who could read the room instantly so, he didn't bothered me any more.

"What can I do for ya?" He asked. "Just need a room for the night" I said and he nodded. Leading me through a series of hallways into a small room.

It had a small bed and a table and chair in the other corner. I walked in and slept the night away.

Arina's POV.

I was in my room when someone knocked on the door and Valerie walked in. "I can't believe her!" She exclaimed furiously.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. "Vierra, she has called Evelyn here"  she said annoyed. "And what happened? It's not like this is something new for her. Evelyn is just one of the playtoys for Vierra"

"Yeah, I know but solenne doesn't" she huffed. "Yeah, but did something happen?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

"Yes, solenne came to me asking for Vierra. As she was oh so conveniently busy with Evelyn and at the same moment she decided to show up with Evelyn and put on a show of kissing her in front of Solenne" Valerie finished explaining.

"Vierra is her own worst enemy" I sighed. "But where is solenne?" I asked worried about her. "She went out of the palace after seeing Vierra and Evelyn kiss in front of her"

"Did she tell you? Where was she going?" I asked. "No, she didn't but maybe Luke knows. I don't know" was she said.

I nodded and walked up to Luke's room. Usually Luke and I don't get along very much but I don't have much of a choice.

I knocked on the door and he opened the door. "Sister, To what do I owe the pleasure of having you here?" He asked.

"Can I come in?" I asked slightly nervous. "Of course" he said stepping aside giving me the room to walk in.

"So what is it?" He asked closing the door. "Do you know where does solenne goes when she is upset?" I asked.

"Why? is she not here?" He asked raising a brow. "If she was here why would I have asked you?" I said annoyed.

"But what made her upset?" He asked. "Just tell me are you going to answer my question or not? I can't give you the details" I said looking out the window.

"There's this travern she visits a lot. I don't know if she there's or not but it's worth a try" he said and I nodded walking towards the door.

"Thank you" I said and walked out of my room towards Vierra's room. I knocked on the door as I'm pretty sure Evelyn is still in there.

She opened the door and raised a brow. "What are you doing here, at this hour?" She asked.

"Is Evelyn still in there?" I asked. "No, she's in her room" she replied looking at me curiously. I walked in her room pushing her aside and she closed the door.

"What is it that you want at this hour?" She asked sighing. "I'm pretty sure you know that solenne's upset. She is maybe at this travern, you can go and visit her if you want" I said and was about to walk out when she said.

"And why do you think I care wether that girl's upset or not?" She said challenging me. "I don't care enough to want to figure out your feelings for that girl. But you can forget that I ever came if you want" I said and walked out of the room and to my room.

After a while, my personal guard came up to me and informed "Your Highness, Your Majesty has left the Castle" I smiled at this and said "You can rest for the night " and the guard walked out of my room.