part 36

Next day,

I walked to Arina's room to take her with me to Vierra. I knocked on the door " come in" and I went in. She was standing by her desk with some sort of documents in hand.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and I almost smiled at how similar she and Vierra are in some things.

"Vierra asked me to call you" I said. She raised a brow and asked "why?"

"Only she knows" I replied and she nodded.

"Okay let's go than" she said walking towards the door. I followed her in the direction of Vierra's room.

Without thinking much, I walked in to Vierra's room without knocking and like most of the she is sitting on her desk surrounded by documents.

"You called for me?" Arina asked. "Yes" Vierra replied motioning for me and Arina to sit down.

"I want you to go to a ball held by Duchess of vales" Vierra said and Arina scowled "But why? You know I hate her"

"It's not on you to decide" Vierra said with a hard expression. I furrowed by brows in distaste at the way she talked to Arina.

I think she noticed because her expression softened and she said "It's because I suspect that she is somehow involved with rebellion. I think you and solenne will be perfect for this job" Vierra finished Arina looked between us and sighed

"Okay but what do you want us to do while we are there?"

"I want you to wander in her estate and find anything and everything about her" she finished.

Arina nodded and walked out of the room "you know you didn't have to be that way to begin with and that you hurt her right?" I asked with a scowl.

But she reminded silent and didn't say anything. I decided to walk out of her room and go to my own to prepare for the ball.

After I was done preparing, I decided to visit Arina to see if she was okay . I knocked on the door and realized that I never knocked while going in Vierra's room.

"Come in" Arina said getting me out of my thoughts and I went in she was standing in the balcony with a glass of blood in her hand.

Upon seeing me she immediately tried to hide it "you know you don't need to hide it right?"

She sighed "I know. It's just I..." She trailed off.

"By the way, what are doing here?" She asked. "I came to check on you" I said "Oh?" She said and kept looking straight. I hugged her she stiffed for a moment before relaxing.

"What is this for?" She asked. "I thought you might need this after the meeting we had with Vierra"

"I just.... Miss her. From the time when she still gave me some importance in her life and she used to spend time with me and ....I just miss her" she said pulling away.

"There were tears in her eyes. Which she tried her best to hide. "it's okay besides you've still got me to accompany you" I said cockily and she chuckled.

"Yeah sure, why not?" "What do you mean by that?" I asked slightly offended.

"Nothing" she said teasingly. After a moment we both fell silence. "All of the jokes aside, you are very important to me and I don't like to see you all upset". I said and she nodded.

After that I went to my own room and to sleep.

Next day,

We were to leave for the ball so, I got ready and went to the gate of the castle. There I met Arina and she was looking very pretty.

"Someone's looking good tonight" I said and she rolled her eyes but there was a smile on her face.