Part-18

Chapter 18

After the meeting everyone started to leave. I decided go to the training grounds. 

A lot of soldiers were training there. "Want to duel with me?" I turned my head and Valerie was standing by my side. 

"Sure" I said and walked to the center. Valerie came walking towards me. We got in a fighting stance and our swords clashed.

The clashing could be heared from a long distance. We kept fighting. Damn! Why is she so hard to beat? Why can't I just defeat her?

"You're a member of Royal family, right?" I asked. "Maybe. Maybe not" she said. Attacking me again. I could barely got out of the way.

"Where were you the last few days?" I asked. "I was getting some work done" She said and I attacked her, but she dodged.

"Since when are you and Prince Luke friends?" She asked. "It's been a long time" I said.

All of a sudden, she attacked me. I dodged her with my sword. But she twisted her sword around mine, getting it out of my hands.

My sword fell away from me with a thud and Valerie pointed her sword at me. "You're strong but not that strong" She said. 

"I can see why you're the Chief General" I said and she smiled. "Let's go and eat something I'm hungry" she said. "You know I can't eat the same thing as you, right?"  I said and she nodded.

"Follow me" she said and we started to walk. We reached which I assume is kitchen. Strange, I've never been here.

We went in, and there were some workers working in the kitchen. "She needs some human food" she said to a middle aged woman and she nodded and went away to get some food.

"Do you mind, if I drink something?" She asked referring to blood. I smiled slightly as she cared about me being uncomfortable. 

"No, Go on" she smiled and walked towards a boy. He seemed to be no more than 20. 

"I want blood" she said to him. He grabbed a goblet, cut his hand and poured blood in it. 

"That's enough" she said. She pierced her finger and put it on his wrist. His wrist healed along with her finger.

She took the goblet and started to drink. The woman walked in and handed me some food.

I took it and started to eat. We both finished our food and got out of kitchen. The sun was setting by this time. 

"Let's go, I'll show you a place" she said grabbing my hand and started walking. "Don't you think Vierra will have a problem with it?" 

She stopped and turned to look at me. "Did you just call the Queen by her name?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked. She looked around for a few seconds and then said "Nothing, let's go" I nodded and we started walking. 

We reached a big tree. Which I assume has a century on me. "Climb it" Valerie said.

I started to climb we reached a big branch and sat on it. I looked in the front and the view was breathtaking. "It's amazing" I said and she said "Told you" 

We kept sitting there in comfortable silence until the darkness of night surrounded everything.

"We should get to sleep. I heared you have a training session with the Queen" she said and we climbed down from the tree. 

More specifically I climbed down from the tree, she just had to jump. After that, I walked to my room. And Alyssa was standing outside.

I went in and climbed on the bed falling asleep. The next morning, I woke with the sound of knocking.

Who's this at this time? I looked towards the window and surely it's night. Someone knocked again and I got up to open the door. 

And Vierra was standing outside. "What is it?" I asked still struggling to stay awake.

"Get ready in 30 mins. It's the time of your training" she said looking at me. "You Vampires don't sleep that doesn't mean that humans can function on the sleep of a mere few hours" I said annoyed by being awaken at this Godly hour of the morning.

"Meet me in the training grounds" she said and walked away. "I… Just wait till I kill you" I hissed knowing too well she heared me.